1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets headed for a dynasty?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dementium, Mar 25, 2013.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

We're missing some ingredients to be a dynasty, but we're on the right path. Need an elite coach and another star level player. But I feel confident in Morey's ability to surround our star(s) with strong roleplayers.

2. Dementium

Dementium Member

Well if you actually read my post you will see that the context of me making the assertion is not the Spurs win but our record. Are the Wizards 38-31 in the west? Did they do it despite only having 2 players only from last year? And did they only have the frigging 14h pick only for the last three years?

More to the point, do they have James Harden?

1 person likes this.
  3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You also need a great coach. The spurs also had that. So we wont ever be a dynasty

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lets talk after we land CP3, Dwight, and Phil.

5. amak316

amak316 Member

Fire McHale, sign Sloan, get D12 signed to a long contract in the offseason, and a little Morey magic drafting and we may be talking dynasty in a couple yrs.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hi, you must be new here.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

our record is 8 games over .500 with 12 games left in the season.

do all the teams above us have a Dynasty forming?

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

Pop and Parker are the main reason why the Spurs are successful.

We have neither, at least not yet.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You are soooo gawd damn depressing. Do you drink alone a lot?

10. BooHoo

BooHoo Member

Duncan says hi.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lin will never be Parker asik can't score so no you are a moron

12. Dementium

Dementium Member

The teams above us are probably established or are already at their peak.

I think we can all agree we are top ten this year. Even the most cynical of you would probably buy into that.

This despite:

a) Acquiring James Harden just before season started (no time for team to get used to each other)
    b) Jeremy Lin recovering from injury
    c) Having the youngest team in terms of years and experience
    d) Having one of the toughest schedules in terms of back to backs
    e) Having only two players from previous year
    f) McHale having personal problems that led to him being away from the team as well as that difficult trip to OKC for the first game
    g) We lost our starting and backup PF at one of the most crucial stages of the year, as well as our backup PG

The team is 39-31 despite all the above. Heck, I am pretty sure when the season started, most of you would have been overjoyed if we got 39 wins over the entire year, much less battling for sixth seed as we are now.

Fans of teams like the Knicks would kill to be where we are.

Again, let me reiterate the point, it may not necessarily come true, and its probably a great stretch, but its certainly fun to speculate and appreciate just how talented this team is.

Sheesh, its like I posted this on a Spurs forum.

13. Dementium

Dementium Member

Thank you for the overwhelming positivity. Why watch if you think so little of our players? Hell why support the team at all?

Does Lin have the potential to be Parker? Tony Parker certainly thinks so.

Can Asik learn to score? Why not? Dude is averaging a double double. That ain't bad for a center who defends as well as he does. And given an off season to train with McHale why not?

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Would Rocket old-timers ever be able to bury the hatchet against Sloan?

If I could, I would love to have SVG but Sloan would be a good choice too, though in his advanced age who knows if he still has it.

15. across110thstreet

you used the words Dynasty and compared our team to a Spurs team that is working on 16 straight playoff appearances/.600 percentage and has 4 rings and dozens of semi final/Conference Final appearances...

you don't need to list all of the above to convince me that we are a young team on the rise. this is one of my favorite Rockets teams in the last decade.

but DYNASTY? come on man. you started this whole thread with "this may be the homer in me..."

Celtics. Lakers. Bulls. Spurs. Pistons. the 94-95 Rockets. Heat maybe?

think about what you are saying when you throw out DYNASTY.
    how long you been a Rockets fan, may I ask?

16. Dementium

Dementium Member

Why not though? Its not exactly like you or I can read the future. Why can't this be a dynasty? What Crystal Ball says "this team will never be a dynasty?" Would your reaction be any different if I said championship?

Granted, it won't be easy nor will it happen over one or two seasons but why not? I sure hope that is Morey's end vision.

I wasn't around for the 94-95 Rockets. What made that a Dynasty? (not being sarcastic, genuinely curious)

No I haven't been a fan of Rockets long. And maybe thats why I am more optimistic about this. I don't know. You guys may be right but I certainly think that as a fan one can dream. :)

17. Franchize

Franchize Member

I stopped reading after "Asik = Duncan lite"

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

It's not thinking so little of our players...it's overstating them like you are. You compared Asik to Duncan. Can Asik score? Yes. Will he ever carry a team like Duncan? No. The fact that you're insinuating that Asik, if he learns how to score, will play the Duncan did on the Spurs is mind-boggling.

There's a fine line between being positive and being just plain stupid, and you crossed it. Suggesting the Rockets can be a dynasty when they haven't even shown the ability to win a championship is about the stupidest thing you could say.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Knee-jerking at its finest

20. across110thstreet

I am being generous, but two straight Championships and a trip to the Conference Finals in a four year span is a START.

you don't say...