1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have zero chance vs the Lakers, David Stern, and 3 referees on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

if you watched basketball you'd know that there is basically illegal contact on every single possession. Those 2 plays fan be justified as no calls.

Period

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Refs were fine ...few questionable calls...but overall...let the guys play...

only two plays i can think of was the loose ball foul called on Greg Smith sending Pau to the line and the bogus foul call on Beverly against Blake...

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If I watch basketball?? Are you saying I don't?? Not that I have to prove anything to you. But Ive missed 3 Rockets games this season, watch every game thats on national TV, and league pass is on my TV every night...

The stuff your talking about isnt as black and white as open court hacks while going up for a layup! It's not a big deal to get away with little shoves while battling for position... But fouls like these, in these situations, HAVE to be called.

Period.

4. sean joh

sean joh Member

David Stern, 3 referees, and Kevin Mchale COY candidate......

5. furior

furior Member

Howard had 4 fouls and none of them are on Harden!
    Explain this:

[​IMG]

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

David Stern is The Lord!!! He got his wish, Lakers plays against Spurs (Battle Of Champions), Rockets against Thunder (Friends or Foes), Warriors vs Nuggets (Battle Of Offenses) and Grizzlies vs. Clippers (LA Speed Bump- eventual Battle of LA vs LA). Some1 wants to go out with a bang.

7. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I blame that on harden...

The refs lured him into a false sense of security by giving him the calls and even one no call in the first half, which then tricked him into thinking he was going to get a call down the line...

:p

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Coaching was outstanding.... Period. Did you see the number of wide open, uncontested shots the Rockets got tonight? That was because if good coaching. The improved defense was because of good coaching. The fact that Jeremy Lin and James Harden could not hit water if they fell out of a boat is not a coaching issue.

If you think officiating was not grossly one sided in the 4th quarter you are clearly blind.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Harden depends so much on drawing fouls, is going to have a tough time against established popular teams like the Lakers and OKC right now, gotta wait a few years before he gets respect.

In the mean time, it's probably a good idea to move the ball more.

10. crash5179

They let the Lakers play but did not let the Rockets play!!!!!!!!! Lakers were shooting free throws after 3 mins in the 4th quarter. Lakers still had a foul to give when time expired in regulation. That is the definition of letting one team play but not the other.

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Yes, I must admit that several calls when against the Rockets, however, our unimaginative offense contributed to a lot of that. The Rockets ran 58,000 straight PnR for the last 5 minutes of the game and OT. Come on a high school coach can defend that. Really miss Rick's cutting and backdoor offense. Because we have the bonehead coaches running the same plays. Why does does McFail call a timeout to setup a PnR.

12. crash5179

The pick and roll did not contribute to wide open shots that were missed. PNR did not contribute JLin dribbling the ball off his knee and out of bounds. PNR did not contribute to horrible officiating. Stop blaming the coaching staff.

13. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Anyone who watched last night and didn't notice biased officiating needs their eyes checked.

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

It's easy to explain. The refs called a pretty fair game through 3 quarters, even giving the Rockets some questionable calls. Then BAM! 4th quarter magic here we come! For a second I thought I was watching the 4th quarter of game 7 NBA Finals 2010...

1 person likes this.
  15. eman

eman Contributing Member

28 fouls called on the Rockets. 17 fouls called on the Lakers. No Hack-a-Ho.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Some posters see this and know what's up. The others are like those hipsters you want to smack.

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

The game changed for good when the Rockets got in the penalty 2 minutes in the 4th quarter smh. No hack-a-howard, just bs foul calls

1 person likes this.
  18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it was clear the lakers got outplayed the first 3 quarters. after the lakers got into the bonus in the 4th we just couldn't play effective defense on them without giving the refs an opportunity to send them to the line. also missing a ton of open jumpers and driving at howard in the paint knowing the refs weren't going to call **** on him didn't help our cause.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Conspiracy theory:

After Utah played like crapped and handed a free playoffs pass to the Lakers, Stern sat in his dark corner and thought, "Damn, I wish Kobe wasn't hurt, or it would be another year of money. OK calm down. Let me think. Which is a more compelling story to sell in the first round? Harden against OKC or McGrady against the Rockets? ... Well, can't trust that b*stard Popovich. He might pull another stun to show a middle finger at me. Let's put the Rockets on OKC... Now where's my phone..."

20. Arthurprescott2

Funny thing is, as much as CF dreaded the refs, the refs were a non-factor in this game. No noticeable bias. Just a lot of dumb fouls by young Rox players.