1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have zero chance vs the Lakers, David Stern, and 3 referees on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Sure, they're defendable as no calls... as long as you aren't going to put the Lakers in the penalty on touch fouls 25 feet from the basket and give them precious fourth-quarter freebies on incidental contact on a loose ball at halfcourt.

You can justify anything when you look at it in a vacuum. In context, the whistles were extremely tight against the Rockets, while the Lakers were allowed to hammer Harden and Lin at will on drives.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

nba refs call the perimeter tight and call inside the paint not so tight all the time.

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The no-calls on Harden are defensible, but it is not called the same way on the other end.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The majority of Harden's calls come within 5 feet of the basket. The reason he's so willing to drive on guys like Dwight is because he usually gets the whistles (and justifiably so). The only difference tonight came in the name on the front of the jersey the opposing big man was wearing.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden got plenty of questionable calls at the beginning of the game (and for the rest of this season), but you never hear anybody bring those up. If those calls happen for the team the Rockets are playing, they will be complained about to no end, but since it's Harden drawing them, it's fine.

Not saying the reffing was perfect (because it never is), but we lost the game ourselves. If you disagree, then that's fine, but that the game could easily have been won if our play was better. Hell...look no further than our offense in the 2nd half as a reason why we lost. That was pathetic.

6. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

The men in black and white didn't play as well as I had expected, but their X factor, a KMH really showed up and single-handedly killed of the Rockets.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Except they don't.

Evidence? Watch the Rockets this season.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't know what you were looking at dude, Howard wasn't close to strait up on either one. Both should have been no brainers.

I'm not just saying that because I'm a Rockets fan, I'm saying it because both times Howard arms came over the top and hit Harden. The first one he hit him with an elbow also.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Exactly!! I can't believe how one sided NBA refs are! These guys are sup

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fixed, my bad..

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm saying if you polled a random sample of NBA viewers they would say those no-calls are not egregious.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

So if the Lakers get away with every non-egregious call, and the Rockets gets called for every ticky-tack foul... Isn't that the very definition of fixing a game?

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight fouled Harden. Should've been 2 shots.</p>&mdash; Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/324753666978508800">April 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Harden got raped at the basket all night long with no whistle. If thats the way the NBA plans on officiating him in the future then he's going to be a bigger bust than Gilbert Arenas was.

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

my thoughts exactly.

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

um...yeh, and refs. sorry, its completely true in this situation.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Thats a ridiculous assumption, and doesn't change the fact that there was illegal contact on both plays. I dont care what your fake poll says about it.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Or he will suffer from t mac / vince carter syndrome and fall in love with the jumper. :( those drives at the end of the game were fouls. One of them was clear even with the worst angle espn could find.

19. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Refs will give Harden the call at the beginning, even out the boxscore. But you can count on him not receiving any critical calls at moments that really impact the outcome of the game usually towards the end. How many times have you seen Kobe get bail out calls with less than 2 minutes left giving them freebies that end up winning them the game?

It's what reputation but most importantly what playing in LA/NY/MIA will get you. There are some instances that a small market team has the NBA adopt as their step child like Kevin Durant. The only way Harden will get this treatment is if he truly can't be stopped and start winning. The league will have no choice but to hype him and give him the superstar treatment because of worldwide recognition.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

until you prove to me the refs called every single ticky tack foul on us then I'm just going to go with what my eyes saw and say that the game was reffed okay. I said that the refs rigged the warriors game that i actually watched in the 4th qtr.

That's the difference between you and i, you are unable to remove your bias while I can be objective.