1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have waived Ronnie Brewer and signed Troy Daniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Feb 21, 2014.

1. NotChandlerParsons

Having good players on cheap contracts is extremely valuable. If guys like Granger or (ugh) Jason Terry play well here they might get a larger, longer contract, if he plays well we'll be paying him nothing to play here next year (when we have a better chance at contention anyway).

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol I had just been asking for Morey to do this for the last couple of days. I can't look at my post. But I had said Morey should sign Daniels to a contract and waive brewer. And I was asking for Covington and Canaan to be back. Coz Garcia and casspi aren't giving us anything. ;P I'm glad Morey did this. At least we can try Daniels for the cheap and see what we get.

Hope we do give him a try it would be just a waste if he is just sitting down and doesn't get the chance. Just like Canaan and Covington. They have been hot on the vipers. Shooting a lot of 3s and mostly nothing but net. :) in happy w this move. Just Donno if McHale would let this rookies play and shot what they have.
    I feel we don't lose anything if we put them in instead of casspi at least. Or Garcia.

We should trade casspi or waive him or something too coz he has been so disappointing as of late.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He's pretty much saying we have our own steph curry.

Bye bye harden

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Worst case scernio but your saying, getting him just so the vipers have protection on him and have a shot at a chip is a waste?

5. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

My only question is why it has taken this long. Dude was just horrible on the court this year.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This may be all about retaining Daniels.

7. Raven

Raven Member

No way these youngsters sniff any legit playtime. Still not sure why the Rockets didn't burn a 2nd on a shooter. I'm sure Morey had his reasons, perhaps the local media will ask him.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Well, that's EXACTLY what happened last night, esp. with Casspi. I know TJ was playing bad, but D-Mo wasn't ans should have (IMO) been playing instead of Casspi.

QT, I sure hope they can crack the rotation and get Casspi/Garcia's minutes. If we can get any improvements from our bench scoring, we would be an even bigger threat and not need to over-rely on our starters in Playoffs.

9. Chamillionaire

Morey and crew probably feel that Daniels is a better shooter than anyone they could've gotten and is cheaper as well.

Great move. Bravo. :grin:

10. fr4nchis3

fr4nchis3 Member

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/kUkkagKizG/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

noooo :rolleyes:

11. StandontheLake

yep, same line. Guy's got range. And enough size to defend shooting guards. If he can defend.

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think Harden's injury isn't that bad. Plus Brewer hasn't really play. I think it's just about moving Brewer and trying out Daniels which he has been shooting so well from 3. We need players shooting 3s not Casspis who are or seem afraid to miss and just don't give u anything on the court.

I don't think he is but if he was Daniels wasn't sign to backup Harden just to get a shooter on the team which we don't really have now that AB is gone. Maybe Canaan, Covington, Hamilton and now Daniels can help us in that area if McHale gives them some minutes.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the 3s on the DL is the same distance as the NBA. And I know he shoots from way behind it. Same thing w Canaan

Yeah anyone but casspi or Garcia. They have been pretty bad lately. Especially Casspi maybe he will be trade it waived too. Idk if we can but hopefully this young guys can get some minutes and hot some 3s which we need.

I didn't say that. :) I was just saying that I been asking for this coz we could use him and the threes to spread the floor. And that casspi might be move or waive. And idk about a chip I didn't say that either by movie casspi we could sign another player w the Room Mid-Level Exeption so we could sign another player. Idk if casspi can be waive it moved.

13. AXG

AXG Member

Another diamond in the rough signing. Good move by Morey.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I really thought Brewer would break the rotation and actually have a significant impact. I have watched him play for years and he has at time been very impressive. With the Rockets, it was like he was never here. I don't know what the problem was. A personality conflict or something. Plus the short times he was on the court he did virtually nothing.

#114 solid, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love his shooting form, textbook.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Having Brewer on the squad always gave me the creeps.

[​IMG]

17. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Goodbye Harden

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like it. Hopefully he can actually get some PT, it's not like he could be any worse than Garcia.

19. Franchize

Franchize Member

Daryl Morey keep ruining team chemistry

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Players regress.... that is natural. Some more, faster than others.