1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Have Talked To Kings and Bobcats About Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRocketsFan, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7355667.html

I sure hope Morey can somehow convince the Kings to trade Cousins. I think he would be a nice fit on this team.

2. Rox2010Champ

Rox2010Champ Member

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Yao, Chuck Hayes and CBud for Dalembert and Carl Landry, gets the Rockets under the luxury tax to make up for the loss of the insurance money.

4. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

I don't know but Boris Diaw can be a good acquisition's at center shoot the three and was a double double machine in the past

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I will be shocked if a team gives up some young talent for Yao. That would be a dumb move on their part.

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Only people i want from the bobcats are tyrus thomas, gerald wallace and stephen jackson( can bring that ron artest toughness to the team)

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Maybe DM can trade Yao to BOTH teams and we can get Cousins and Wallace in return.

1 person likes this.
  8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I dont know if i'd wanna part ways with Hayes to bring in Landry. Hayes is a pretty valuable player with a very friendly contract. I think he's silently had one of his best years so far as a Rocket.. and he's making his FTs now! Kinda miss his extra hitch that got ppl committing lane violations lol

I think Yao and an additional filler (other than Hayes) could probably get it done. I would love to have Dalembert on this team. He's very productive and would be instant help defensively and for rebounds.

I dont think i would want any of the garbage that Charlotte has other than the owner - if he decided to suit up for 10-12 mins a game lol

9. devilsdandruff

this goes to Yao trade thread.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kings? They have less than twice Yao Ming's contract on the books as of next season. Their only two 'bad' contracts are Udrih and Garcia. To fit those two + (presumably) Cousins on the roster would be to include two more Rox (Brooks and C-Bud?).

Is that a deal to be made?

11. trugoy

trugoy Member

Feigan is just being used as a propaganda mouthpeice by Morey. Those rumors make no sense.

Kings have the lowest payroll in the league, they are way below the salary cap, and they will get more under the cap this year, why would they trade for Yao? and give up Cousins? ridiculous, they would fire their coach and their GM before giving up Cousins.

Bobcats rumor also makes no sense, rockets need a Center, and the bobcats have an even worse Center situation than the rockets.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Diop/Wallace/Livingston for Yao/JJ

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, it would be great to snatch Cousins for Yao. I would do it right now.

I love Yao but the guy just can't stay healthy.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think some combination of the above trade could be a possibility but unlikely Hayes would be the one moved. Maybe just Yao, Bud, Ish, +TE for Dalembert, Garcia and a 1st round pick.

15. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

DM IS DM Got dammit I trust he can do it and would do it :grin:

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.