1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have no fear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TBar, Feb 3, 2005.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

The Rockets lost the Dallas game when Nowitzki scored 50+ points. In that game TMAc scored 48. That point in the season was our turning point.

Before that game our offense did not flow.

At that point in the season we overcame any fears of other teams. Dallas has had our number for some time. We very nearly beat them, but won in confidence building.

We then were able to competitively play Sacramento to overtime. Sac has had our number for some time. We no longer fear them

We can play with anyone.

30+ assists against a weak defensive Phil. team may not be a testimonial, but it demonstrates excellent team play.

We are beginning to play on a higher level than we played before the Dallas loss.

I think we can make the playoffs and very possibly make it out of the 1st round baring injuries.

2. RocketsFAN3035

I think your missing a bigger game in this argument: both games against San Antonio. Yeah, it took the McGrady Miracle the first time, but I think that game help us gain confidence against not just the Spurs, but also said we could score (yeah, I know the score ended up being 81-80). But it showed we will still be tough on D. Look at the second matchup. I don't really want to think about that game, it showed we could play D. I think these were very important games this year too.