1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets go for Jeff Taylor (Real Madrid)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Jul 17, 2018.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Also, I forgot Jeff Taylor was a Thing but I don't mind this at all.

BigggReddd likes this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

KlutchQT likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Speak English fool.

don grahamleone and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Define, "regular dude".

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

flashbacks to that time les got his 3-star team together w/ dream/glide/chuckster and then ran the cheapest lowdown scrub starter in the league matt maloney smh

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So is this a done deal, or are they trying to sign him?

kevtse likes this.
  7. kevtse

kevtse Member

Same question here. Is it just one of those rumors?

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know that. I was just concerned that his impact will be low. I do remember him somewhat vaguely from the Hornets days. Jeff was pretty athletic and fast. He can defend the lanes well, from the video, His finishing around the basket is all right. If he can shoot the 3 ball, then our depth will get better. I wonder if Treveon Graham wouldn't have been a good fit. His jumper looks good to me, and he can defend, but I suspect that Taylor might be a bit quicker than him. Any comments regarding Graham will be welcome. Thanks for your post.

9. saleem

i'm okay with this, as long as he can shoot the mid range jumper and play with with some patience. He has improved with age, it seems. He is 28 and is still pretty athletic.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

More wings pls!

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think everyone knows how to spell Geoffrey Taylor's name. It's not as hard as Pat Beverly's or Clint Cappela's names.

megastahr likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

Seems Anthony Randolph isn't the shooter that Jeff Taylor is.

saleem likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree. I want more guys who shoot inefficient mid range shots. Tired of scoring efficiently. If we make out defense worse this year we might as well make the offense worse as well.

alethios, megastahr and harold bingo like this.
  14. aroundtheblock2

Lol. We won 65 games took the Warriors to 7 games with the 3 and layups style and you still have people on here trying to take us back to the mid 2000s and 1990s.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So was the case dismissed? I gotta say, I'm not one for signing domestic abusers but this sounds like an isolated incident and should the charges be cleared I don't think it's a red flag.

As for the player, I would like the signing. Losing Ariza was concerning in the moment but it seems like if there's one thing basketball can provide....it's athletic, 6-6" ish guys who can shoot a respectable 3 ball. Average point guards don't do much and we've all seen the stat about guys over 6'10" basically gifted careers if they can move at all. If a guy of this frame has any handle/rim-attacking ability whatsoever he's a vast improvement to the offensive flow. If he can put up a decent effort on D maybe we really haven't lost that much.

Red.Glare likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Veteran minimum, therefore 0.1 VORP = outplay the contract

All we do is win.

BigMaloe, harold bingo and Deckard like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice post! Morey strikes again with what looks like a very solid move (assuming it goes down) that no one saw coming. I noticed watching the highlights that on offense Taylor depended a lot on passes from his point guard when scoring, whether driving to the basket or the corner 3. Has he come to the right place! I think the guy will thrive here.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. saleem

Hardly any centers can shoot the 3 with confidence. If you can get a guy, who can space the floor to some extent with a mid range shot, it's still helpful. Anyway, aroundtheblock 2 has already pointed out that Randolph can't shoot the ball like Jeff Taylor. I hope Taylor will shoot the ball well from the corners, otherwise his role will become limited.

19. anchel

anchel Member

Guys, he just has an offer on the table for the min. Still could decide to stay in Madrid. We'll see.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

only things I remember about this guy is that he plays extremely hard and almost psychotic...... but isn't he only like 6'4" or 5 or something like that....