1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Full MLE Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt78777, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You'll get no argument from me there .... but I was going by the details.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Assuming the Rockets move Gordon they should be talking to Tristan Thompson. He can defensively play how the Rockets want, and he is a horse that won’t be pushed around.

kjayp, Deuce, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It comes back to - what’s the point if it kills spacing with WB?

Are we even keeping WB? Harden?

Moving Gordon will cost a 1st, at minimum, could be two. If we’re tearing this thing down in 8 months, or less we really shouldn’t be sending picks to dump salary.... and if we do all that anyways, to make room for a C who can’t play with our PG?

Rockets are in tough position on filling out the team, I’d keep Gordon, offer the min to Dedmon and Jeff Green.

kjayp, joshuaao, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

great idea, never thought of this

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is Lerbon's guy, LBJ thought of it.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are in a tough spot but have concluded that since the offers for Harden and Westbrook are too low, they will try to build a team to win now and convince their stars to stay. Will it work? I doubt it, but it has worked in the past.

As for Tristan and Westbrook, they would at most be on the floor together 5 minutes a night and Thompson can hit open 3’s. He also defensively can cover guys no one else on the roster can.

Also, with the cap space from moving Gordon, the Rockets can recoup their loses by taking on other teams bad contracts if we sign a someone like Tristan to a one year deal.

joshuaao, JoeBarelyCares and saleem like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

At the moment Nerlens is available. Just saying so is Ibaka.

Nets are at $155M with 13 players under contract now.

Safe to say Ibaka is not joining the Nets unless something changes.

Harrell signed with Lakers for over $9M. Lakers are currently at around $85M and will sign AD. Will they also sign
    Ibaka or Nerlens? Will they go over LT? Do they need either now that they spent on Harrell?

Baynes is still out there.......he must have been asking for too much.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ibaka probably going back to Toronto. Be nice if we signed him though.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are convincing Harden to stay 'FIFY'.

WB is as good as gone, he might stay another year just to find a serious suitors now that Knicks have backed off.

Make no mistake, he recognizes that Harden is the lead dog but he wants to be that lead dog again (in his warped mind).

Him and Harden worked better off court than on it.

His trade request isn't just because of Tilman and a new coach, it's because he realizes he missed being the the man beside his problem with accountability issues.

He obviously didn't like players mouthing off like Austin Rivers.

He'll continue to be in Harden's ear because he thinks Harden can do better than being on the Rockets.

Good luck with convincing a mercenary whose only ally in this is Harden but Harden isn't vocal enough.

That was the whole issue this offseason.

#269 daywalker02, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Probably so. Where will they play? Tampa?

I’m always thinking no Americans want to play in Canada because of the taxes.....but Ibaka probably wouldn’t mind a
    one year deal with Raptors.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah man. The market is just drying up and I get the feeling this guy just wants to get paid. We just not going to pay him that big after signing Wood.

joshuaao, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good job! If LAL signs Ibaka, then Baynes or Noel can sign with us. I doubt that Cousins will want to come to Houston with the uncertainties regarding JH and RW.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure Cousins and Harden can get along. Most of it is an act.....but Cousins gives me the, “I don’t respect Harden” vibe.

saleem likes this.
  14. mightybosstone

I don't really want Cousins now that Wood is locked in. They'd be an odd front court pairing. If the Rockets are looking at bigs to pair with Wood or as a backup, they should be targeting defensive-minded guys like Ibaka, Baynes, Thompson and Noel.

Green re-signing would be huge as well. It feels like everyone at CF thinks it's a foregone conclusion, but I take nothing for granted this offseason.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Since Ainge is asking for too much in S&T from Pacers send them EG for Myles Turner.

I think a healthy EG is a better fit for them anyway. They already have TJ and Oladipo who play more like Hayward to me whereas EG is more of that JJ Reddick esque SG.

I don’t know why they want Hayward honestly.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Boston also looking at same players we are, they need more size at 5 too.

saleem likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope for the best.

18. bmd

bmd Member

I like Baynes. Strong, tough guy who is not afraid to do the dirty work inside. Hustles, plays defense, and can shoot the 3 on offense while also doing all the little things like setting good screens and playing smart.

He’s just a solid all around role player that any team needs, and he’s a great fit for this roster.

Y2JT, IvanLCPM, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

We aren’t in the MLE market anymore unless we trade Gordon or Westbrook and clear additional space.

at this point, just watch for minimum deals until there’s a trade

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Charlotte just cut Batum. I wonder if he can be had for the minimum and what he has left. He's only 31....

snowconeman22 likes this.