1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets frontrunners for McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikezamir, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hmmmmm

Tmac to Houston?

Steve and Cat/Cato/TE/whatever to Clips?

Maggette/Kamen/#2 pick/whatever else to Orlando?

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Well if it's on ESPN insider then I'm sure it's not true. Whew, I feel better now.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Agreed. Donald Sterling is perhaps the worst owner in the history of sports. The Clippers are, were and always will be a disaster.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think Feigen is purposely not writing anything substative on this subject until it either happens or it doesnt. I think he made his intentions clear in his earlier article about Francis and T-Mac. It wasnt a ringing endorsement for the deal but seemed to be more of building Francis up (perhaps so we COULD trade him). It looked like he was trying to help out the Rockets via the media. Maybe because things are brewing he is purposely not writing anything about it.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I dont see the Clippers getting McGrady. I dont think McGrady would play second fiddle to Kobe in LA and that team is not very promising to make a championship run. McGrady might as well stay in Orlando if that is the case.

Getting back to a deal......but that doesnt mean the Clippers arent part of a 3 way trade with Houston and Orlando where let's say Francis goes to the Clippers and some Clippers players go to Orlando and of course T-Mac comes to Houston. That could happen.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

mfclark, I don't know if there's something to the Clipper thing or not... I think that if we don't get him, it'll be because of a different team... but legit superstar Tracy McGrady, teamed up with worldwide media superstar Yao Ming, would make any agent salivate. I wouldn't underestimate that.

7. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Actually, there is an angle to the Clippers thing that might work. As I understand it, T Mac has leverage when it comes to some kind of assurance that he'll extend his stay with the new team (even though it seem debatable that this can happen in a legit manner). What if the new team didn't care about the assurances? Sterling is such a clown of an owner that I could see him dumping some good players just to get T Mac for a year. (When the lottery is your farm system you tend to value talent less, I guess.) At that point all the cards are in Orlando's hands, not T Mac's. If they like the deal, he's a clipper. On the other, what if the Clips could trade for T Mac and sigh Koby as a FA? Possible?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're right, Sterling is that much of a loon. But I can't see Arn Tellum (spelling ?) and McGrady going along with it. What if TMac injures himself during the "one year rental"? I wouldn't be surprised to see a reaction from McGrady similar to Francis being drafted by the Grizzlies... ballistic. I also don't see it putting the Magic in the playoffs next season. I think it's a big reach.

9. Rock101

Rock101 Member

Cant get the link since I am not an ESPN Insider, but Chad Ford says on his headline that T-Mac is not coming to the Rockets...I wonder how credible he is...if anyone can post the article, then that would be great...

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Isn't Chad Ford the same guy that said the Rockets weren't going to make the playoffs this year? I'm not big on this deal because it seems to gut the team a bit. Now, if the Rockets turn around then add McDyess and a good PG (and I don't mean Derek Fisher) THEN I would feel MUCH better about it.

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

This is one of the few times Im rooting for the Clippers.