1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets frontrunners for McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikezamir, Jun 20, 2004.

1. a-rock

a-rock Member

....well i think the rockets should try to bring in a standout- pf, rockets don´t need t-mac, they need power in the paint!!!

2. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

he is just as reliable as Grant Hill's ankle:p but honestly.. i think everyone knows the deal is done, all the hints are point right to the rockets. no other team's deal make sense.. woohoo t-mac!

-eyhab

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'll trust you, I just don't understand what you said. Explain, I'll trust.

4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I'm a little unclear why Orlando would this deal done before the draft. "3rd team semantics" points in that direction, but as others have commented that third team may be interested in one of our guys.

Of course it could be that we have an interest in someone and the T-Mac deal just facilitates it all somehow... hmm.

It still seems to me the most logical thing is Orlando might have a deal on the table for the #1 pick that they're really considering and need to have all their options available before draft night.

As long as we get T-Mac I don't really care, I can't wait until another source confirms that this deal is done.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, if a third team is involved, that would give us a very few options. Maybe Charlotte will take Grant Hill off the Magic's hands for a shot at Okafor?

Or maybe not.

The Orlando reporter is either blowing smoke or doesn't like Francis.

That other website mentioned....hoops-something?....saying that Orlando would turn down a Steve/Cat/Cato offer for TMac/DeClerq/Howard deal.....that has to be major BS. CD would cream himself for that. All we need is a 16 mpg center (DeClerq) and Howard is a solid scoring option. That would be more than a fair deal. MORE than fair.

Welcome to Houston, T-Mac. Prepare to win.

6. dean

dean Member

New Article relevant to this:

link

News
    Orlando Magic star Tracy McGrady is on the trading block, and the Houston Rockets believe they are the frontrunner for his services. According to the Houston Chronicle and Orlando Sentinel, the Rockets are offering a package including guard Steve Francis, guard Cuttino Mobley, and big man Kelvin Cato. McGrady could be dealt before the NBA draft on June 24, although the trade may not be formally announced until a later date. "I expect to know [by Thursday]," Magic general manager John Weisbrod said. "I can't say that I would expect that to be public information. I have every intention of knowing where that's going when we make these [draft] decisions." The Pacers, Suns, and Mavericks are also interested in dealing for McGrady.

Views
    We would not mind seeing Francis and Mobley out of Houston, where both suffered depressed numbers under head coach Jeff Van Gundy. The Magic would also add a much needed inside presence in Cato, and provided that this rumor is true, it will be interesting to see if anyone can top the offer. The Rockets would look a lot like the recent Lakers' squads, with McGrady, Yao Ming, and a bunch of role players.

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Orlando could then take Okafur and have 4 of their starting 5 set. I think they would be an instant playoff team, with Francis as their star for ticket sales.

As for us, we would probably pick up a big man or pg from Orlando. We should probably think about talking to Mehmet Okur, but I don't know how good he is defensively. With Tmac, JJax and Yao, we should have enough offense.

8. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

like.. me for example.. once the king of cc.com

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm guessing what Lance meant was "third party" semantics probably referring to the NBA or the agents for McGrady and Francis. I'm sure there will be some side deals - McGrady extends contract, etc - that are part of this. I doubt he meant "team" as in a three-way trade.

BTW, where the hell is Jonathan Feigen, on vacation???

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

We need to get on Chance's ass about getting Feigen in studio to answer some questions. :)

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

BTW ...a deal of this caliber .....how in the world did it get lost in Feigen's NBA Notebook as the 2nd story instead of a lead story, on the front page??? :confused:

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Link doesn't work, but I read the rumors too. I just don't see McGrady bailing out of Orlando to get traded to the Clippers.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I read something like that, but I'm not sure how it works. How does a 3rd team change Steve's BYC status?

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

ditto....Gater/Aelliot...whats the deal with that?

16. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

there is a reason why the link doesn't work, no credibility.

Indiana/Houston/Phoenix, only 3 teams that have a legitimate shot

17. mfclark

mfclark Member

There's also a reason why it's on ESPN Insider (McGrady to the Clippers), too, and it's not for a lack of credibility...

McGrady stands to make many more millions in endorsement deals in LA than anywhere else. With a nucleus of McGrady, Brand, and Richardson, plus a commitment to spending, it's something McGrady has said he would strongly consider.

Don't put it past yourselves, guys.

18. JPM0016

actually it is. Chad Ford and Peter Vecsey, both are garbage

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

please name the last Clipper to make millions in endorsement deals simply because the team is in LA. thanks in advance for your response.

playing for the clippers is a death-knell. players fight like hell not to go there...it's a bad organization run by an owner that doesn't give a damn about playing second-fiddle.

20. JPM0016

I'd like to see the list as well. Last time i checked Yao Ming had no trouble getting endorsements playing in Houston.