1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Free Agent Target List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jul 1, 2008.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think it would be a good idea to consolidate all of these separate threads for each possible target: barry, horry, cassell, evans, etc... as well as any other name who comes up during this period.

we can now add james posey to this list:

Link

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well if the spurs get maggette then we are a shoo-in to get barry. i would love to have posey back as well.

3. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Cassell and Horry are absolutly horrible FA targets. We shouldnt even try to get them. Barry is just okay and Evan, we can get better.

I think that we should go after a third scorer. WC is getting better.

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

I don't think we're going to see a major pick-up or shift in the roster this season. Next season ('09-'10) is a different story, but I just don't see the rockets making major moves...only the Brent Barry's, ect...

5. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Sign Maggette or Artest somehow in a 3 way trade. That's if we can't trade with the Nets straight up for VC. I have no idea anyways why they would want VC on a rebuilding team.

I don't what Mickael Pietrus is worth but he can do every single thing Battier does.

Nenad Krstic could possibly be a MLE target to play backup to Yao.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

We need all 5 players to be scorers. 5-3 is still going to lose like 5-2, with Hayes and Head.

7. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I didnt say to trade big players on the team.
    We have a lot of expiring contracts.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn you hate them so much you are spelling that vodka brand

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I dont know what people love them so mych?

10. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Get James Posey...please

11. redgoose

I'll just handle this situation with my time machine. Crud, it's broke now. Maybe that guy from The Pursuit of Happiness still has some more. :cool:

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Can someone please show me one printed sentence about us actually talking with Horry?

13. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

I think casell may work for the rockets .He has 3 rings right now, I hope he'll have the fourth in houston .

14. Possum

Possum Member

Because they are in our price range, bring veteran leadership with winning attitude and are better than what we currently have at the end of our bench.

15. wingz0

wingz0 Member

If we're signing guys like Cassell, Horry, Barry to be our third-stringers at the end of the bench, then fine, go for it.

But if we're counting on them to push us over the edge, dream on. We have much bigger issues than what they can solve with their declining age and skillsets.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

17. tinyb0itim

tinyb0itim Member

One name I have yet to hear is Ryan Gomes I think can back up shane very nicely and I don't think he will cost all to much either. I like the idea of Barry and Gomes it would leave a good portion for landry.

18. redgoose

I don't think we need a back up for Shane but rather someone who would make him a versitale back up. Due to Scola/Landry putting up the stats of one good PF and and we already have 5 PG's and i don't see any All stars on the block we could trade them all for. The SF position has the most stars available as Maggette, Artest, and VC have been discussed plenty.

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Crack is bad for you.

I don't get this sudden anxiety at moving Shane. What we need is a back up C (with size, hopefully, which means Dorsey can't really solve the problem here), a solid wing that can hit the three (Brent Barry brings that and shot creating savvy) and a starting point guard or a consistent back-up to the inconsistent Rafer (something that we've tried and failed for years and doesn't seem likely).

Give that the best PG left on the market is Beno Udrih (Oops he's gone too), us having a great shot at signing Barry and a chance of netting Mo Evans (a bit undersized at 6'5'', really), and stuck in the Landry issue, no, we shouldn't get our hopes too high for free agency. Actually, zero expectations would really help. As always, trust Morey and pray for health. That what us Houston fans do, right? :p

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If you trade Shane, you trade our best defender and most professional player, the lunchpail guy that never misses work and sets an example to play hard. Hell, Tracy gets tired enough, and that's without playing much defense as it is.

So, it's a matter of, trade Shane, and you're left with....a lazy superstar.