1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Free agency 2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Aug 19, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

considering Morey has opened up ALOT of space and cleared out the bad contracts along with new nba taxes and "sign n trade" rules starting, Houston will have a chance to finally get a avaliable player they target. James harden or Josh Smith seems to be the only real guys that might be availaible if he doesnt get resigned before end of the season. If he goes on market, its safe to say that GM's will pull a morey on OKC so they cant match due to taxes. Dwight, CP3, Iggy, and Bynum are the only top ones remaining and they will resign with their current teams most likely. The question is , who is left for houston to pursue???

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

2. jvu

jvu Member

Al Jefferson

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Bynum and Harden if they're available.

4. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

..and when 2013 comes, we'll be looking forward to 2014.

5. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

Exactly, the off-season is where every team has their hopes up for free agency, rookies, trade rumors. With that said, I'm pretty excited for this year!

6. RockSC

RockSC Member

Can we at least see how this year plays out before worry about next year's FAs? Plus, screw Bynum.

7. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

yeah....

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think the next 'big' target is Love. Harden is not realistic, Bynum, Howard and CP3 will stay where they are.
    if Sota is a fail at the time when Love can opt out, he will be realistic. it's possible considering they spent their cap space on old-ish guys and Rubio had a serious injury,

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

dwight howard

10. prs325

prs325 Member

As much as I like Josh Smith, I think he's a secondary or tertiary piece Morey is looking at. And if any one of the young PFs emerge this year, I would tend to believe the Rox develop them as oppose to have a high salaried-player block his progression.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Rubio will be fine. I doubt his ACL injury will limit him at all. Love has made it clear that he wants to participate in the playoffs and be on a competitive roster.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't see much point to debate it. neither you nor i know it.

and?
    we'll just have to wait for 2014 and see if it's a great roster by that time.

13. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Anyone who doesn't think Chris Paul will be available isn't paying attention to basketball.

I'm scared of that knee, but he will definitely be available unless Blake gets tutored by The Dream this summer.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

No we don't. But saying Rubio suffered a serious injury and his inability to return to the player he once was may be one of the driving forces behind Love wanting to leave is weak. One can make an educated guess that Rubio will return to what he was, the medicine behind ACL recovery is a lot better now and Rubio doesn't rely on his athleticism like other players do.

and.
    yes you are right. I was just tossing it out there that this is one of the things that Love wants. Not saying that the Rockets will or will not fulfil that criteria just providing more information.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Why will he be available. He was recruiting players to come join the clippers this offseason, that doesn't sound like someone that doesn't want to leave. And he stands to get more money next year. I don't see him leaving.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think you are just arguing to argue, tbh. my post was clearly based on that - known to everyone - Love statement.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

It wasn't that clear to be honest but now that you have said it I see where you are coming from. Or maybe it was clear but I am just out of it because of the time.

18. Jman713

Jman713 Member

Sad but true

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Fans most likely won't get what they want anyways....

20. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Oh where do i start... Olshey or Blake?

It's called Clippers being Clippers.
    The GM didn't leave for a raise, the writing is on the wall.
    The team was lucky to get past Memphis, doesn't have a bench, and Blake Griffin isn't going to dunk his way to the NBA Finals as CP3's running mate.
    The West got better, the NBA has become more stratified and CP3 wants a championship.
    Bosh, Wade, LBJ all took lesser money to win a championship and they are the most current model of superstar free agents so why wouldn't other superstars follow suit? *cough* Steve Nash *cough*

I could continue and mention the mistreatment of Clipper Dave or the lack of LA spotlight and increased pressure in Kobe/Nash/Dwight/Pau's shadow but that's not even needed.

All those things make it easy to say he will be available. I don't have to prove he will leave, you're the one guaranteeing he won't consider leaving and I think that's silly.

CP3 is on my GMs radar because I think Morey is intelligent.

1 person likes this.