1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Franchise Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by paxil, Jun 10, 2005.

1. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

imagine how big the income would be if the rockets could fill up the building every game

3. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Only Lakers pulled in more income than the Rockets in 2004. I guess that it's tough to get Les to spend one extra dollar on the remote chance to sign a decent PF.:(

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering most of the empty seats are in the lower which are already paid for, not much more except for maybe concession revenue.

Noticed we are only behind the lakers and knicks in terms of revenue.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How should he go about doing this? It isn't even possible given league rules.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Simple. You trade for overpaid players. Cuban has made an art of doing such things. I'm not saying Les should match Cuban's spending. But it's not too much to ask Les to add an extra $5-10 mil in salary to get the needed pieces.

I'm quite surprised to see how high the Rockets' income is, considering how empty the TC seems to be most of the time. I guess this is where the new stadium and all those luxury suites really helps.

I wish there's similar disclosure regarding baseball teams.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

I pity the fools that pay to see Knicks play. I do respect the true Knicks fans for support their own team through bad times.

8. tested911

tested911 Member

Actually it was also Chicago.. How in the world did they pull in that much? They didnt even make the play-offs did they?

9. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Yeah they did, they got dropped by Washington in the 1st round.

10. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

That was this year, I think the one they're referring to is last years revenue.

11. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

^Nevermind. I sure do need the EDIT option, Highschool kids aren't the richest though .. ;)

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL, me either !!!

13. paxil

Actually, Lakers and Chicago Bulls

14. paxil

Out of the 80 games per regular season aired in China, 30 of those are Houston. That is big money compare to the other team.

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Sure worked out well for the Knicks...

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You have to have something to trade to get it done. Maybe Les would be wise to get into the Cuban style of constantly cycling through above average players...but considering how well that has worked for the Mavericks - who are looking more and more like the 2000's version of the Utah Jazz or SuperSonics...and we'll see if they even get to the Finals -I'll pass.

17. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

18. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Didn't we have an overpaid player (Mo Taylor)? He worked really well for Houston.

19. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Wow thats great news about the Rockets' franchise value :eek: 3rd in the league, overall, for income??? thats crazy how much we've grown and prospered as a franchise over the past few years...

20. paxil

Does anyone have infor on team income composition, e.g, what percent is from ticket sell vs, broadcasting, jersey etc. ?