1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets fire Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Apr 9, 2023.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

You had me in agreement until the last sentence. Mark Jackson is probably the worst candidate out there. I would honestly rather have Silas back than have Jackson in. In GS, he backstabbed his own players, then pretended like he was innocent. He and his wife also forced Steph to go to a church service with them, where the congregation prayed to heal Steph's injured ankle. Afterward, Jackson's wife told him to jump up and down to test his now-healed ankle. F*#k no to Mark Jackson. Anyone else, seriously, just not him.

ashleyem, rhee, HardenReturns and 2 others like this.
  2. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Only one left to get rid off is KPJ.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's a crazy story and I'm not superstitious but didn't his ankle actually get better after it was a problem his whole career?

Had heard some stories about Jackson but none that absurd. What a wacko.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Stone is probably the bigger problem. We'll see whether he is going to get another yes man to protect himself.

5. Ancient Moabite

This sounds familiar to the Mobley vs Green selection, and in this modern free flow NBA advantage Atkinson, though I would select Udoka to balance it out and bring in a offensive guru minded assistant to be associate HC

6. MystikArkitect

Delete.

#46 MystikArkitect, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as we do not get the true protege, Eli Witus type, the nerd instead of the control freak, I am not sure what is what.

Tilman cannot get rid of the Rockets soon enough.

Easy likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

From SI.com:

There was also a scene in which Curry was brought up to the front of the congregation by Desiree Jackson (Mark's wife), and had his ankle anointed in oil. He had planned on going back to his seat when Jackson’s wife stopped him. From the excerpt:

“Where you going?” Desiree asked the star point guard in front of the congregation. Curry responded with his go-to look of bewilderment, a half smile and widened eyes. He thought he was supposed to return back among the flock when she was done.

It took Curry a second to understand what she meant. Then the old Bible stories rushed to his mind. Like when Jesus healed the lame man at the Pool of Bethesda, that man had to pick up his mat and walk. If he believed he was healed, he needed to show it.

So Curry started shimmying and hopping on his right foot, much to the delight of the congregation.

“I didn’t know what else to do,” Curry said.

To be fair, Curry did play in 78 games the next season. But I still don't want that bible-thumping Jackson anywhere near the Rockets. :D

burlesk likes this.
  9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

All good choices. Smart to get ahead of the field, though I’m sure coaches will want to see the lotto results.

10. PatBev

PatBev Member

Nah

I think if the rockets show they have a top 3 pick, tell they are about to supercharge the bench with cap space, and the the goal is winning, I think we will be fresh young talented team many coaches will be intrigued with

I think anybody can see how hard we’ve been intentionally tanking. They might think different when the goal is now win as much as possible

ramotadab and groovemachine like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Maybe Silas would have been a good coach in different circumstances.

He was an abysmal coach for a rebuilding team with a bunch of young players that needed accountability.

FrontRunner and Y2JT like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also nah.

There will be a handful of teams with no coach this summer so those handful of teams will try to snatch away the coaches that are available.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Can we dip KPJ's head into that anointed oil while the congregation prays for him?

[​IMG]

#53 Mathloom, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    noppeper, Believe It!, Nook and 5 others like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Guarantee you that was PJ Tucker.

Mathloom and raining threes like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Despite my reservations about Jackson, I'm all in favor of this. :D

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Man Kenny Atkinson would be a perfect hire. Has the track record of growing a team, assistant for GSW... bring that offense here man. I'd be real alright with that move.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

There are plenty of suspects. We could make a police lineup.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member