1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS FANS: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slayer700506, Jun 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

From H-Town and went to Bellaire class of '00

2. DCballer

DCballer Member

Grew up in Kingwood, Moved to Austin for five years then moved to Colorado Springs for a year, and now I live in Dallas. I've had League Pass for as long as I can remember. Thank God.:D

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Born in Conroe, TX 1979

Raised in Livingston, TX until 1987 - moved to Spring, TX (FM1960/Aldine Westfield).

Lived in Spring since then until I moved just south of the woodlands (I-45 & Rayford Rd) last year. C/O 97 Spring High.

Rockets fan since 1990.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope this isn't disrespectful, but...

I found the juxtaposition between your Urban African-American sounding moniker and my mental picture of life in Stockholm to be imensely amusing. It almost sounds like a plot for a Disney move. (i.e. The Fresh Prince of Stockholm)

5. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i was born in belgrade, yugoslavia and i moved here at a very young age. so i lived in washington, dc and baltimore the first ten years or so of my life and then about four or five years ago i moved to chicago. chicago rules, but the rockets have always been my favorite even in washington. why? i have absolutley no clue.

6. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

Are you talking about the coffee place in Berkeley? I don't drink coffee, I'm a smoker. :)

7. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Born in Dallas, but lived in The Woodlands for fifteen years during my teens and early twenties. I now live in Saratoga, Wyoming and have been a Rox fan since '86 (especially remember Ralph Sampson's shot to beat the Lakers).

8. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I live in horse country, west of Baltimore, MD, work in Washington, DC, but remote much of the time. I grew up in Houston, went to U of H, lived in Austin, before moving to Washington, DC area 15 years ago.

9. MONON

MONON Member

Born in Chicago, but raised in Indiana. Moved to Houston in 74. My 1st thoughts driving into Houston were: 1. this place is BIG! :eek: & 2.where's all the basketball goals?:confused: I found the Rockets thru a friend & with his assistance, my wife & I attended a few games at Hofheinz Pavillion. We just couldn't turn down free tickets! :D

10. TheGreatest

TheGreatest Member

Born in Houston, TX in 1945. Was in Vietnam from 1966-1969. Got my bachelor's degree and Master's Degree from Yale University in 1973 and 1975 respectively. Got my Ph.D from Indiana University in 1981 ( Go Hoosiers!!). Worked as an Assistant Professor at UC-Berkeley from 1982-1990. Was a visiting professor at University of London from 1990-1993. Taught at Yale from 1993-1999. Was a visiting prof in Shanghai from 1999-2001 (that's when I got to see Yao). From 2001 until this last May, I taught at Texas A&M. Now I am teaching at UCLA in Los Angeles.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Born in Houston. Lived a couple blocks from the Astrodome. Moved to Sugarland. And I now live in Orange County, California.

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Austin, TX

Longhorns will make it to final 4 next season

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

WOW :eek:

"This canine has the glossy coat and proud bearing of a Yale man!" :)

14. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Above Mumbles.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Greatest- Is your moniker refering to Ali?

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Austin, Tx. It sucks because everyone seems to like the spurs here. I'm moving to LA, that's gonna be even worse.

17. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

Born in Louisiana...Moved to Pasadena when I was 4. (Pasadena High School Class of 1983) I have since lived in New Orleans, Miami, New York, and Colorado. I currently live on Balboa Island, CA. Since my wife's family lives here and Balboa Island is literally heaven on earth, I have finally settled down. :cool:

18. Shark Rocket

Shark Rocket Member

Chengdu, China

19. kountzer

kountzer Member

I was born in Kountze, TX, and raised in nearby Silsbee, Tx. I've been in and out of Houston all my life; I spent most of my summers in Houston, in the 5th ward/kashmere gardens area. I even went to school here a couple of years. I now live in central Northwest Houston, off Antoine and W. Mt Houston, in the Inwood North sub division area.

~kountzer~

20. Horry

Horry Member

Reykjavik, Iceland