1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans try to sabotage Ayesha Curry's new Houston restaurant on Yelp before it even opens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 19, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

She’s getting free advertising on ESPN now. She ain’t mad.

Ramo$e and napalm06 like this.
  2. chimera34

chimera34 Member

At first, I felt this was a bit petty...

...but after reading the creative and witty reviews (as bitter as we are...at least we aren't boring in our bitterness) not only was I thoroughly entertained but this also gives her free press and she ain't poor, so I say we keep doing it...

...isn't this what sports is about anyways? Rivalries and trash talking! GO ROCKETS!

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Perfect analogy. I feel the same way about this as I did all the posters last weekend who suggested that leaking LeBron's presence in Houston would somehow have a negative impact on the team's pursuit. Fans will be fans. Pretty much all players, but especially a 15-year vet like LeBron, know this. The idea that a FA would hold a grudge against one particular fanbase over something like this is so silly and naive. It's all situational.

BigMaloe and clutchdabear like this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Pretty tone deaf decision by Stephanie's wife for a variety of reasons:

1) BBQ from California will never ever measure up to what is in Texas
    2) Your husband plays on the most entitled team ever that is universally despised by not only Rockets fans but probably all other fans of teams not named the "Warriors"
    3) This restaurant of hers only got to this point of who she is and who she married, not because it is great food or anything (more entitlement).

Some may take the Yelp reviews as personal attacks but in reading some of them, they seem to be very sarcastic and poking fun at the usual things that people who hate the warriors poke fun at. It does not appear that anyone is going below the belt. Besides, I am sure that Ms. Curry will be just fine if this Houston location bombs. She should remember about karma - act stupid on the internet and then have stupidity return the favor to you also by the internet.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

At least Rockets fans are showing passion about something finally! **** Ayesha and her girly ass husband all those mother ****in Warriors. I hope the restaurant flops before it even opens.

Houston fans are always getting labeled soft and sometimes rightfully so. I rather be at the opposite extreme like Philly or Boston fans.

Boo ****in Santa Claus if you have too. Posting 1 star review for a restaurant where the self entitled owner is lookin like she is eating more bbq then selling is A-ok by me.

BigMaloe, ryano2009 and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

It's not being a villain, it's just reinforcing the low-brow, small minded stigma people have of Houston and Houstonians. The only thing holding this city back from being one that's respected nationally and globally are the people that do this garbage.

I care about the City and the way it's perceived. People always complain on here that no one wants to come here to visit or otherwise. Someone finally does and this is how they're treated.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm positive they'll be fine and their "business" is actually Steph's basketball job/persona. You know, the $200mill contract he has plus numerous endorsement deals... I'm sure they can survive some fake yelp reviews for her 2ND restaurant.

They're not even ill worded yelp reviews, the majority I've read have been sarcastic and creative. People need to take a chill pill.

joshuaao and clutchdabear like this.
  8. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm sure there are lots of free agents that are changing their mind about coming to Houston because of some Yelp reviews

BigMaloe, Reeko, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Get out of here with this. Have you ever met someone from Boston or New York?? They take being called "low brow" and "small minded" as a compliment. If someone is judging the quality of Houston as a city based on some internet trolls, that says more about them than it does Houston.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is just a waste of time

what they need to do is band together and go to Florida to take back our Championship Trophies stolen by a New York Billionaire

chievous minniefield likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, that dude you replied to has never met Boston fans. Those entitled pricks will use anything for an excuse to be racist, sexist, or just plain nasty.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is NEVER coming now . . . I hate Houston so-called "fans"

Killatron 2000 and napalm06 like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Link me to any restaurants he owns and I will leave a one star review

Not TMac though, 5 stars for his restaurants

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les owns a swimming pool full of chinese money

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LOL. I'd probably rather have that than a restaurant, now that I think about it.

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Okay. Is this going to be a direct reason why a FA decides not to consider us? Of course not.

Is this the kind of headlines you want about the fan base now (or ever)? I dunno. Yeah it’s not that big of a deal.

But for some reason messing with someone’s business is more defensible #OnHere than thinking it’s lame.

17. macan

macan Member

i think bspn trying to stir shxt up between us and the warriors next season..it's for the ratings...

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yeah this is an espn false flag. They were the ones who actually did the posts.

BigMaloe and macan like this.
  19. SORF

SORF Member

Houston has one of the most active restaurant patronage in the country...second to NYC. She is searching for M O N E Y...I won't eat there. She can take her food skills and greed elsewhere.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. MystikArkitect

I’ve been to New York. I’ve lived in Houston my whole life, and the folks in New York were way more hospitable and friendly than the people here (Manhattan). It’s funny, Houstonians believe that everyone is nice and friendly here. It’s not a “social” city. Everyone lives in their car, cubicle, and house in the burbs. No one talks to each other, no sense of community. It’s too sprawled out and resistant to change.

It’s ok to want your city to grow (figuratively) and criticize it when people have a close minded, small d*ck mentality.

Can’t speak for Boston but haven’t heard good things. If you think that Houston is ok and everyone’s friendly and open minded then keep doing you.