1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans try to sabotage Ayesha Curry's new Houston restaurant on Yelp before it even opens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 19, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sorry, no sympathy. It's childish to go after her but what did she think would happen? Um, if there's one place your husband isn't universally loved....

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

slothy420 likes this.
  3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

No, we'll call you troll. Why on earth would you come to a Rockets board and defend a classless move by an entitled NBA wife? Remember when she was making **** up about being manhandled by a Rockets fan? "I'm pregnant and he touched me!"

malakas, BigMaloe, Jake Tower and 4 others like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Texas BBQ is fine as is, we don't need a rainbow rendention. I'm good luv, enjoy!

GW's team and fans probably didn't have nowhere to get comfortable while in the city. Why let them open their own little enclave here in our city?

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not personal. It's business. The success of a restaurant is predicated on many factors. The quality of the food, the friendliness of the waitstaff, the amount of time it takes to be served, the cost of the menu items, and especially word of mouth. Ayesha's place could be A+ in every category except the last one and it still wouldn't matter. She's married to the star of the team most hated by Rockets fans. And we're not talking Dallas Mavericks kind of hate. Warriors hate is visceral.

I don't know what she was thinking opening this place given how despised Golden State is in this city. And Game 7 only made it exponentially worse. The moment the buzzer sounded that night, she should've scrapped this location, eaten the losses, and planned to open it elsewhere(preferably someplace without an NBA franchise).

clutchdabear, slothy420 and Ramo$e like this.
  7. napalm06

There's now a mass amount of GSW fans getting on there with 5 Star Reviews.... you know what to do.

8. count_dough-ku

Ultimately the online reviews are meaningless. It's a matter of who actually eats there. If people wanna give the Currys their business, have at it. But no self-respecting Rockets fan should ever set foot in that restaurant. It's Texas for chrissakes. You can get quality BBQ anywhere.

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. napalm06

All I hear is, blah blah blah I'm not doing my patriotic duty. :p

BigMaloe and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t see personal attacks, I see some salty, humorous comments done in a quasi-playful (if sarcastic) spirit.

BigMaloe, clutchdabear, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Solid post.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I bet some of the Rockets players will eat there.

13. napalm06

Agreed. The things we're poking fun at are the things they parade all over ESPN on a daily basis. These aren't private, personal things. It's a joke. I've gone to a movie theater owned by Karl Malone..... which, now that I think about it....

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Blame Yelp, don't blame our brothers and sisters. I only check Yelp for the menu and pictures of food, if you read reviews and other stuff. You are too influenced by others. Some are fiction, some are genuine, but experience yourself before judging. As someone who knows a little bit of the restaurant business, you rarely see celebrity owners own it for more than a few years. Most of them once hit gold, or hit roaches, they'll sell their share and move on to other ventures. Some of you may and some of you may not, Yao restaurant was not owned by Yao.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. count_dough-ku

Again, you can hear it anyway you want. I personally loathe the Golden State Warriors and find the NBA's coddling of them to be offensive and borderline corrupt. I will not patronize any business owned by anyone associated with that organization.

clutchdabear and slothy420 like this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I am so god damned proud of Houston right now. I love it. I might cry.

Red Nation RGV, Fletch and LUK3 like this.
  17. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Buy one mouthpiece and get the other one thrown at you!

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ayesha might be an amazing cook. Based on what I've seen over the years, she's probably a really really good cook...
    But the truth is there are thousands of those across the country. They're called great home cooks. Some people call them moms.

But, she might be a supremely amazing version of this.

Even with that, there is VERY LITTLE chance this restaurant exists, or her cooking/media/personality career exists without Steph.

That's not to be mean, just to note that it's supremely hard to be ultra successful in that way... or in any industry. Takes a unique combination of great great luck, skill, personality, timing, etc. In her case, whatever she had of those was enormously boosted by leveraging her husband's name.

This restaurant markets Ayesha ENORMOUSLY. That being the case, I think its "fair game" to comment on that fact.

However, I don't think folks should be leaving 1 star reviews as if they've already been and tried it out. That's blatant lying. Conversely, nor should Warriors fans leave 5 star reviews as if they've been and its great. The restaurant isn't open yet. But leave 1 star reviews just noting we don't want it in Houston... perfectly fine.

malakas likes this.
  19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The folks I know that have eaten in the Bay Area location think its overpriced garbage too.

clutchdabear and Ramo$e like this.
  20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I heard she can’t even cook. Just uses other people’s fecipes

clutchdabear and Ramo$e like this.