1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans try to sabotage Ayesha Curry's new Houston restaurant on Yelp before it even opens

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 19, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My wife runs a small business in the industry, and I'm sensitive to how important the Yelp (may they burn in hell for eternity) reviews are. So I'd say not too cool.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

You cant control what other people do - only your own actions... Just bc someone else is classless, doesnt mean you should climb down in the muck with them...

You're better than that, JR - even if those you oppose are not. ;)

What's next? It's alright to fk with another mans car? There are lines you dont cross...

3. kjayp

I grew up in Houston - but now live in Vegas... and I'll tell ya, practically every city tries to lure in new investors. Investment capital helps a city grow and prosper... Do I think Ayesha Curry's restaurant would have any impact to the bottom line? No, probably not... but it's about a mindset. Being in Vegas, the city is very focused on promoting expansion and luring as much money to town as possible (vacationers, investors, etc..) which should be most any city's focus... it's just common sense - and good business...

not to mention, it seems the whole 'southern hospitality' thing has really waned since I lived there... jus sayin...

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. SORF

SORF Member

I checked out the Yelp reviews on the SF International Smoke and it rates only a three and a half stars out of 5. After looking at the food pictures, it won't last here in Texas. Especially serving St. Louis BBQ Ribs...where's the Brisket?????

The Food selections and appearances did not look that good. I definitely would not eat there...even if I were a Warrior fan, which I'm not.

5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't know, people in Houston are pretty damn friendly. Prefer my H Town crowd to just about everywhere else I've lived.

kjayp likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder the age demographic of these fans writing the reviews
    and what their hip hop play list consists of

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They may not be pure.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe they are mad about lil uzi vert or xxxtenaction or takashi69

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. kjayp

Good to hear! Maybe its just the fervent fans on CF then... cause some of the stuff i see just leaves me smdh... lol

bulkatron likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

lol you're on the internet, it never attracts a representative portion of the population

kjayp likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As someone who grew up in Houston, I found the sense of community and friendliness there to be quite strong and stronger than Phoenix and Salt Lake City, the other places I've lived. We played community street hockey and basketball as kids on the school grounds on Saturdays, constantly. We had community crawfish boils, randomly. We had neighbors over for dinner and vice versa. Trick-or-treating and July 4 celebrations and Christmas lights had everyone outside. I met the families of probably half of the kids in high school at one time or another. We did community concerts at people's houses or at the local park where the various garage bands from high school would play shows.

Perhaps New York is just a magical place full of people with magical lives? (lol)

I'm actually going to flip this around. Every time there's a thread on Clutchfans remotely resembling rivalry or team-to-team animosity, there's a bunch of nervous, self-hating, guilt-trippers on here. It's all going to be okay.

#191 napalm06, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Fyreball likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You might be the first person in the history of time itself to call New Yorkers more friendly and hospitable than Houstonians (or anyone in the general public, for that matter). If you think New Yorkers (ESPECIALLY MANHATTANITES) have a sense of community, and are friendlier than Houston folk, then keep doing you.

clutchdabear and Sajan like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yea fack them, leave the culinary arts to the heart and soul of h-town, the real people, the real talent. support your small, local, up and coming chefs and establishments. having said that, billionaire restaurant chain and local team owner, i'll allow it.

14. farhen

farhen Member

imma lit it on fire

15. ipaman

You're doing it wrong. Tell us who/what she is and I'll send my army of 5 *s your way just for her being married to a Rox fan. Having said that, if you ever get divorced and it's her fault we will destroy her for divorcing a Rox fan.

#195 ipaman, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    JuanValdez likes this.
  16. ipaman

He's full of **** or he himself is a giant dickhole that's my theory.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wow should we get those guys some cookies?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of y’all are white knighting for Ayesha way too much...take your cape off and chill, she doesn’t need to be saved

she’s getting some sarcastic 1 star reviews on Yelp...she’ll survive

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@tinman :eek::eek::eek:

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it is because you came as a rich tourist willing to spend lots of money? I live in NYC to this day. I run a restaurant in brooklyn, where I get a ton of customers from Houston. A couple have come to watch the game. One of them being Sweet Lou 42 here on this board. Out of all the customers I can stand and are the "friendliest" they are the texans especially Houstonians. Sense of community? Nyc hasn't had that since the good 90's ended and pop boybands took over good music. Nyc is the most segregated racist closed minded city I have ever lived in except for my visit to Boston where I took the next train back to NYC! Chinatown people stay in Chinatown. The bensonhurst people stay in their italian neighborhood and some don't venture out even to manhattan unless they really have to. The Hasidic Jews won't even let me ride their bus or use their bathrooms to piss in an emergency! Ever hear about the riots of Crown Heights?
    Suicide and drop out rate in NYU is one of the highest in the country because of how lonely alot of the kids feel in there. They are surrounded by millions of people but don't have a social life or alot of friends or sometimes any. Combine that with the pressures to succeed well it turns into a storm in their heads.
    If you don't have something you want, then yeah most NYers aren't going to be "friendly". Alot of times it's also just a fake "friendly".
    Now if we're talking about getting laid as friendly.. then yes NYC is alot easier to get laid. You could be fat ugly and a gimp but as long your penis works then you'll get laid. Alcohol and loneliness impairs alot of girls judgements here and in a town where the social life means going to a bar every night just to hang out with anyone because your apt is too small to invite your friends or just so they don't have to sit in their apt alone.. you get alot of easy lays.
    I've said this a million times on this board. If it weren't for my job and League pass where I can watch all Rockets games, I would have moved home to Houston a long time ago. Instead I just miss it every second of the day. Nyc is fun to visit but to live in this crap city is another story.
    If i were still living in Houston TX I would be resistant to too much change. The Nyers and Californians can keep their crap attitudes and ways away from my hometown. They can also keep their crappy BBQ too...