1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, fans shoot for star, replacement level "writer" sits back and laugh at them

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 26, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

From Jerome James:

Basically, fans are suckers for rooting for their team and thinking they make a difference.

#1 Carl Herrera, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm... Jerome needs some new material...

#2 RudyTBag, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm sorry, I hate this meme, but...

Cool story, Jerome.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Jerome James? who's he?

5. Raven

Raven Member

See my Sig.

1 person likes this.
  6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not sack riding the bosh campaign myself. Personally from the guys I know that played pro sports, it doesn't matter about the slogans and stuff. Its the money first, the chance to win a title 2nd, then the fans or venue.If the money is equal, then the players will go to a city that have the best chance to win. I actually think its kinda high school girlish with the boshtohouston stuff anyway. I mean if he was a great player fresh off leading his team somewhere, then i might can see it, but he hasn't. His 1 year in, during the regular season they owned orlando and in the playoffs they got smoked. To me, bosh isn't even on carmello's level as a player. He's in the joe johnson-rudy gay tier.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

There will always be "writers" like this. Bosh is not really my top choice but the mere fact that most of us (especially Clutch) are doing everything in our power to bring him here makes me appreciative and impressed of their actions. Fans can bring the stars to earth and this and any and every other league still exists because of the fans.

To Jerome James: Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who in the h$ll is Jerome James? He writes like a thug-blogger. It just seems kinda lame. I hope a real newspaper doesn't publish this stuff. I don't think a professional newspaper would last long in the market with bull like this.

9. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRkY4Fa17pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRkY4Fa17pA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Its actually an article from Jerome Solomon. Clutchcity.net? wtf? Its Clutchfans.net you big moron. Yeah and I hope you read this **** Solomon cause you suck.

That sarcastic piece of crap should go to Dallas and write for them.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Whether or not you agree with the Bosh campaign, is really not the issue here. Can Solomon write an intelligent piece or is this the type of crap he has to write to get readers to take notice?

You don't have to jump on the Bosh train, but what's wrong with truly supporting the team you love? I don't see the problem in trying to lure Bosh here. I think he'd fit perfectly in this offense, if the team thinks he's important to a championship run, then I'm on board.

Solomon can just go away for all I care. I don't really see the problem if a writer takes issue with an orginization on certain issues, but he's made it personal and continues to belittle the fans as well, that's bush league to me.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Can I put Jerome Solomon articles in my permanent "ignore" list?

13. bloop

bloop Member

his tone is b****y. and he's condescending to the fans... basically calling them suckers for believing in Les

but he has a point.

why exactly is Morey tweeting that? does he honestly think that an NBA player is going to value fan input more than $$$ or the market (and potential teammates)? or is it a publicity stunt to drive fan interest and give the impression that "all stops" are being put out?

or is Morey actually fishing somewhere else and using the hysteria around Bosh as a diversion?

or has Morey as a GM actually out of ideas and needs fan input?

not a fan of this guy's writing but the entire thing does have the feel of busy-work. it's hard to believe that Bosh is going to be swayed by fans. if he was going to do that it seems like he'd have listened to Raptor fans who wanted him to stay.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Huh?

Morey asked for fans to give the Rockets input on how best to pursue free agents. Not to go bug other players about joining the Rockets.

His approach is to get as many ideas as possible from people with different backgrounds, including fans. He thinks that will give the Rockets an edge compared to teams that have a more homogeneous decision-making process.

And, yeah, the other part of it is to keep Rockets fans engaged. Nothing wrong with that.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Again, see my Sig.

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

why don't we just ignore this d-bag and not even mention him on this board?

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah they were rhetorical questions

18. Landry92

Landry92 Member

OK
    Clutch should serouisly consider suspending any member who posts this **** ..
    Nothing personal Mr.Herrara ..

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

You mean Jerome Solomon writes only about his hate for DMorey? Now that's very unprofessional for a media person. The Chronicle should fire him ... seriously

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

LOL the only Rocket name you can spell right is a Carl Landry it seems.