1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fans Rant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aboinamedray, Dec 22, 2005.

1. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

I don't know if this deserves a new thread or not, but I am so fed up with the fans at the Rockets games.

So I'm at the game with my girlfriend yesterday and we're having a good time (even though we were losing). Some lady behind us freaking POKES her and tells her to sit BACK. My girlfriend wasn't even standing up. Of course I took offense to it. I got into a little argument with the people behind us and it ruined the rest of the game for me and my girlfriend.

Seriously everytime I go to a Rockets game something gay like this happens. Whenever I get excited someone happens to be sitting around me who just totally kills the mood for me. And it's not just "Sit down." I've gotten it all from "You yell too loud" to "Can you keep your head to one side?" Even though you try to brush it off it ruins the game, it really does.

I have had some positive experiences with fans that actually want to get excited about the game, don't get me wrong. But the negative experiences greatly outweigh the positive ones, and sometimes I seriously consider not ever going to the Toyota Center again to watch a Rockets game.

2. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

I've been to many games this yr and the fans have been really really good even when we're losing, but last night was TERRIBLE. Fans were soooo dead. Tmac did a bad job acting like he cares, but no one on the team really seemed to try except the Mooch. It was UGGGLLLYY. Last night reminded me of going to those games last yr's November when the team didnt care and the TC was bluahhh . :mad:

About "fans" telling you to be quiet: that really sucks. I'm really loud and have really good seats and never experienced that. A couple times the people infront of us laugh like they enjoy it and once a lady kept on looking back like we needed to shuddup but me and my friends just kept on cheering. I'd just tell them they shouldnt of come if they dont like noise.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

No yelling in your threads please.

4. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Maybe we should create a 'Clutchfans Crazies' section where we all go, stand up as much as we want, yell as much as we want and have an awesome time supporting the Rockets!!

5. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

That actually sounds like an awesome idea. CLUTCHFANS CRAZIES!!!

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Great idea! Of course, we'd have to take out a few of the "whining recliners" early on in order to earn a reputation for extreme violence. Then nobody would question us ever again.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I've had a few experiences too. Last year at a game I was waiting for the elevator, I was the first one on so I stood in the back corner. This guy comes and stands next to me just staring at me, so (kinda to be an ass, so I guess I did provoke it a little) I smiled and winked at him. He said if I push his girl again he'd kick my ass. I told him I apologize if I had accidentally run into her earlier, and he said "no, you just did it." So I ask him, how could I have pushed her, I was the first one on the elevator. Of course he could never respond, but just kept staring at me. I laughed when they were getting off and made sure to let them go first.

At my last game while I was watching during the 3rd quarter I started smelling cigarette smoke. I look down and about 5-6 rows down these 2 guys were sitting there smoking! I went up, walked over a full section to tell someone and could still smell it from way over there. That's called absolutely no courtesy, and if I could still smell it a full section over, who knows how many people were getting their whiffs of it.

Overall I don't like the Toyota Center much in comparison to the others I've been to...Compaq Center, Alamodome, Staples Center. Well I guess in order to figure that out you just have to read the first line in my signature....

Pugs

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I believe. Maybe I should watch the games, for once, and stop acting like I know what I am talking about. I don't have cable, only can listen to me. I was able to see maybe only one of the West Coast road trip games. I only get a page at night from Yahoo! telling me the final score. I am not liking it at all but I believe. Gotta eat the sour grapes, too, I always say.

¡¡¡VAMOS, ROCKETS!!!!

9. BabyClutch

Let's do it!! A Clutchfans Crazies! maybe... members of this board could buy tickets together for games behind the basket and cheer and maybe something will happen!!! Either way it'll be fun. I'm all for it. :cool:

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, I was at the Raptors game. It was dead silent most of the game so I felt like an idiot yelling.

But I kept yelling. By the 3rd quarter fans started to boo the refs with me and scream defense etc. :cool:

11. BabyClutch

and if we get a whole buncha loud fans together, we could have that place rocking. Of course the Rox gotta act like they care and they really didnt last night.
    LETS DO IT! :cool:

12. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

I was at the infamous Memphis home game, before the road trip, where the Rockets laid down, tracy was hurtin' and we sat thru one of the worse home games in Rocket history. A couple of observations
    1) The lower level seats were 2/3 empty at the start and not many people showed up down there during the game.

2) AT the same time the upper level, the level you can't see on TV, was full, full of cheerful Rocket fans. The Television shots of the game would show nobody in the stands and miss the good basketball crowd upstairs. I don't know what they can do about this, but they need to fill the lower level seats that show up on TV. It would improve the TV product and probably make the players happier.

3) The people upstairs were dissapointed in the Rockets effort and reults and began some lusty booing, on and off, in the second quarter. WIth 10 minutes to go in the third quarter i started some of the loudest booing I have heard at a Rocket game. Very satisfying

4) The Rockets showed a slight pulse in the fourth quarter and the fans cheered like mad. THESe FANS WERE GREAT. They wanted soooo much for the Rockets to compete, to have some reason to cheer and help the Rockets surge. There were a couple of cheering waves as T MAc made a couple. The Rocks fizzled, of course, but I was impressed by the fans.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That's not gay. THIS is gay.

[​IMG]

...not that there's anything wrong with that...

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I haven't had the chance to see a game at Toyoto Center but it seems like dead crowds have been a problem with it. From what I remember though the Summit / Compaq crowds weren't that much better. Houston fans haven't had much of a reputation for being really vocal and consequently Houston teams haven't always had dominant home field advantages, with the exception of Minute Maid due to the odd field and closed roof.

I don't know how much attention the Rox pay to this board but a Clutchfans Crazies section would be great for the Rox. It would pump up the energy of the team and excite the fans like the experience in Arco Arena or the Black Hole at Raiders games or the Dawg Pound in Cleveland.