1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans are being lied to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Oct 8, 2013.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:mad: I was lied to by AT&T last year for months over the broadcasting of the games. Now Direct TV is doing the same thing! DON'T BE FOOLED BY SOME LYING SALESMAN into a contract with a company who is not broadcasting the Rockets games. I was promised if I switched from AT&T to Direct TV that I would finally be able to get the Rockets games! ANOTHER LIE! Now I am on a two year contract for a cable company who is unable to broadcast the local games.

I have been a Rockets fan since for over 40 years, and am so frustrated over the LACK OF televised games in Houston! When will this ever get resolved? Has greed and money finally destroyed the spirit of the game? Why has it come to this? We as taxpayers payed the money for the stadium the Rockets play in, and can't even get the luxury of watching the games on TV. Not everyone can afford to go to the games. How can there be a monopoly on broadcasting games for a team playing in a stadium the taxpayers payed for? Does our mayor have any pull on this matter? This has gone on FAR TOO LONG!:mad:

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Unbelievable

And here I thought sales reps for cable companies were looking out for my interest rather than, you know, trying to increase their sales.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Give Jim Crane the herp... that'll learn em.....

5. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

:confused:I thought Toyota built Toyota Center

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Our mayor is more a fan of softball games and weightlifting competitions. She doesn't care about the Rockets

1 person likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Killer 1st post!! Welcome.:)

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow that is pitiful, you should be able to get out that contract. Call and ask for the Sales rep supervisor and state your claim.

9. conquistador#11

Crane never sleeps.

Gatorade is for closers.

In houston, Either you got csn on your block, or you got some wicked anti virus on your laptop.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I was at best buy on Saturday with my dad buying a tv. There was a Direct TV salesman trying to get him to switch from Comcast saying they offer all of these sports packages and we could watch every basketball game. Then I chimed in and said "except the Rockets". He then started saying they'll be getting the games as soon as the season started and proceeded to tell me I could always just buy tickets to the game if I really wanted to watch them. I told him he'd better include tickets in that deal if he wanted us switching over.

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I've made a post similar to this in multiple threads. I used to work for a major cable company (not Comcast), and DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING A REP SAYS. Some employee on the phone isn't going to know anything about carriage deals. They receive very little information. Same goes for those reps you see inside of stores. They are worried about their commission. Also, I don't want to be rude but the channel line-ups are available online, & if you kept up with the internet you would know that it isn't available on anything but Comcast.

Are you within 14 days of signing up? You should be able to get out.

#11 Scionxa, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This message is approved by Bambam.....:eek:

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dumb sports/Rockets fans deserved to be lied to. :)

Sorry (not sorry).

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

francis faints.

15. Nero

Nero Member

We feel your pain, brother.

Welcome to the board.

But if you want access to the TRUE board, you have to go egg Crane's house first.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Apparently, the PUC of Texas doesn't accept complaints regarding cable companies:

http://www.puc.texas.gov/consumer/complaint/utilitiesnot.aspx

[rquoter]Cable Television Service

Texas cable laws require any municipal franchise that is currently in force to remain in force until the franchise expires. Once the municipal franchise expires, a State-Issued Certificate of Franchise Authority (SICFA) must be obtained in order for the provider to continue offering service in a particular service area.

SICFAs are obtained through the Public Utility Commission (PUC). The PUC merely issues the SICFA and is not authorized to resolve disputes between providers and customers. The PUC can only forward cable complaints to the cable company involved and provide customer service contact information.

If you have a complaint about your cable provider, the PUC encourages customers to contact their city or county (if the provider is still serving pursuant to a municipal franchise) or the cable provider (if they have a state-wide franchise) to resolve issues. Depending on the nature of the complaint, customers may need to appear in court for a complaint resolution.

The FCC has established customer service standards for cable providers. Cable providers with a SICFA must follow these standards until there are two or more providers (excluding satellite providers) offering cable service in the relevant municipality. Information on these standards and matters that are under the FCC's jurisdiction can be found at the FCC's Cable Service Bureau website: http://www.fcc.gov/topic/cable-television.[/rquoter]

If you follow the link to the FCC, you'll find the website closed due to the government shutdown, lol.

Probably complaining to the company and trying to get out of the contract is the best you can do. If that fails, keep badmouthing the company -- it won't help you any, but might make you feel a little better. It's not like they don't deserve it.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It's sales. Everyone is being lied to.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Wait, what?! I can't watch the Rockets or Astros on AT&T or DirectTV?!

[​IMG]

:p that's what most salesmen do. They lie in order to sell their product

19. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Really dude? some people dont have time to just watch clutch fans

[​IMG]

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I didn't know clutchfans broadcasted the games :confused::confused: