1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets express interest in Tyreke Evans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 31, 2018.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Grizzlies will sit Evans till the trade deadline per Woj

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

They'll be sitting him all year if they expect a 1st rounder

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I think this would be like a secondary move, where Evans is a replacement for a key wing moved in a blockbuster.

Phillyrocket and Houston09 like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

We need Kenneth Faried from Denver

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not giving up a 1st rounder for Reke...nah, I’m good

a half season of Reke with no Bird Rights heading into free agency isn’t worth a 1st...plus, I’m not all that confident about the impact he’d have on a contender...it’s easy to rack up numbers on a scrubby team lacking offensive weapons (see Lou Williams - not that great in Houston, but balling in LA with the Lakers and Clippers)

BigMaloe and Corrosion like this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

Maybe but I wouldn't be surprised based on the crap I see teams give for players

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Paul George and Carmelo Anthony neither got a first round pick. ‍♂️

9. Nook

Nook Member

Silver needs to do something about making the league more competitive and discouraging tanking. By the all star break half the league or more is in tank mode. It is absurd that the Grizzlies are shutting down a healthy player to make sure he isn’t injured so they can trade him by the deadline.

BigMaloe and dragonwill like this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Let's concentrate on getting more athleticism in the front court instead. Evans would allow more rest for Harden and Paul, but I'd rather give the roster spot to Tyson Chandler, Lopez or even Bogut for pennies on the dollar. Black has been serviceable, but we can easily upgrade there at the deadline.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Same thing happens in baseball, but it's 2/3s of the league. The top markets poach as the weaker teams settle for prospects hoping to eventual have a KC, Cleveland, or Houston run. Not exactly a recipe for parody. Imagine if the NBA didn't have revenue sharing or a salary cap, lmao

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

As trade discussions involving Memphis Grizzlies guard Tyreke Evans intensify, the organization plans to sit him out until a deal is completed, league sources tell ESPN.

The Grizzlies are shopping Evans to try to bring back a first-round draft pick, league sources said, and discussions with several playoff-contending teams have intensified in the past 24 hours.

Teams chasing the playoffs in the East (Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Boston) and the West (Denver and New Orleans) are among those expressing interest in acquiring Evans, league sources said.

Evans will start sitting Wednesday night against the Indiana Pacers. He traveled to Indiana with the Grizzlies but returned to the team hotel earlier in the evening. Holding out Evans protects the Grizzlies in the event a potential injury dissuades prospective suitors.

The trade deadline is Feb. 8.

In his ninth season, Evans has had a renaissance season with the Grizzlies, averaging 19.5 points per game on 45.8 percent shooting. Evans, who also averages five assists and five rebounds per game, has an attractive one-year contract -- $1.4 million, the veterans minimum.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22278839/memphis-grizzlies-benching-tyreke-evans-amid-trade-talks

Vivi likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

I have to chuckle at all these teams that a year ago were throwing around draft picks, now fighting for grubby #1 draft picks in the 20’s.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nothing to see here. We would easily get outbid.

Gut feeling he ends up in OKC.

15. ch44

ch44 Member

Seems like Denver is the favorite to get him unless someone offers a 1st. I don't think Houston is in the mix at all.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, what are we in the mix for? :)

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This guy is reliable Clutchfans, I believe him. I'm not surprised Houston is not in the mix. We really don't have any time the guy once we get healthy again. I'm all for insurance, but Evans may be a cancer if he is unhappy.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder what they'll trade for him...maybe Mudiay?

19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Him or Hernangomez makes sense for both clubs

Vivi likes this.