1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets express interest in Tyreke Evans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 31, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do you recall last night's game where we were missing Paul, so Harden put up 60 and we barely beat a bottom dwelling East team?

We might not need another guard if Chris is healthy, but it's hardly a bad idea.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. No Chill Rocket

Lmao a first? I’d give up Black and one of our G-League or Overseas stash guys but not Zhou Qi . 2nd Rounder maybe ...

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nothing ever leaks that Morey does and you know we have zero chance for this to happen. We actually one only have Ryno and Black as trade able.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Reke is fools gold. He's not even worth a bad first rounder.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's been real good this year, but yeah, this sounds like Lou Williams all over again if it were to happen. Doubt it does. Not worth the trouble for the cost.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don’t doubt Houston would like To have him as insurance but I doubt there has been much talk from Houston on this one - it sounds like someone in Memphis is trying to create the impression of a bidding war to gain a little extra value out of another team in a trade. No way Memphis is getting a first for Evans unless it’s the last pick or two in the draft(ie. a spot where a 2nd rounder is probably more valuable)

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Not sure if this rumor is true. If Cyburt confirms, then we know it's true.

8. Nook

Nook Member

First round picks have magically become very valuable again..... overly valuable at this point.

I still hate Stan VanGundy for backing out of the DMO deal. We could have used that #1 pick.
    I won't complain about the #1 for Chris Paul, he is an elite player.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I like Evans, but not that much and we're loaded at the guard position as it is. With CP3 and Harden already on board Evans might be relegated to just a spot up shooter. We need a capable PF that can play defense instead. And we wouldn't have Evans' bird rights, so we'd lose a first round pick for a half year rental. Can't see it happening.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Either he's just throwing us into the mix (possible) or we did a soft inquire for the hell of it.

amaru likes this.
  11. jb86

jb86 Member

I think this would be a great insurance move if we pick him up. Just in case one of our guards go down, we would have another guard ready.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

And Tyreke Evans wouldve changed that? In this offense? With this coaching philosophy?

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

we would REKE HAVOC on everyone if we got him.

14. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

I would like Love to be thrown into the timeless discussion

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Corey Brewer stuff was leaked well in advance. The Chris Paul stuff was leaked well in advance. Even Clutch was saying he was getting the feeling the Rockets knew they were getting CP3 in advance.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's what Rockets should offer Dallas for an unused Nerlens Noel.

Throw in rights to Gentile (Cuban likes those tall Euros), if Morey feeling generous.

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We arent trading any picks.

Rockets have a couple 2nds and some expiring and potential young players that could be traded. I would do this deal. It would bolster the Rockets.

Need some money and a roster spot for a buyout spot if a Center comes open. Hoping Chandler.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm getting a Ty Lawson vibe with this proposed acquisition. Please no.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

You're overrating 1st rounder..... that or haven't seen the guy played this season.