1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets - ESPN and TV Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

I've posted in the past how the Rockets got skipped over on highlights. If I remember we even had a game pulled for a better matchup on NBATV at one point. I guess those days are over. They're getting picked for fan games now and got lengthy ESPN coverage last night and today.....FINALLY!!!!
    And what a great win...reminiscent of game 6 between the Heat and Spurs!!
    Harden was a beast..

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

They still showed more Jodie Meeks highlights than rox highlights.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm telling you. The media does not want to show us love because of their hatred for Dwight, and the fact we're not LA, NY, Miami or Chicago. I'm still wondering why LA, Chicago & NY are still getting national coverage, they aren't going anywhere. Pretty coincidental we have to beat the top 3 teams to FINALLY start gettin love

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

In fairness, that was a huge upset and embarrassment for the Thunder. And Meeks went for 40+ against them which is ridiculous in more ways than one.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Lakers are a lottery team. Nothing they do right now is relevant in any way in the league right now. They were just blown out by 50 a few days ago.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Which is what makes the loss that much more embarrassing to the Thunder.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It is nice being one of the premier teams in the NBA again.

Constant games on national TV. Good coverage in the media.

/Feelsgoodman

8. torocan

torocan Member

Welcome to Spurs syndrome. Even without Dwight, if you're not in NY, LA or Chicago your coverage is going to be somewhat limited unless you're loaded with crazy mass star appeal (read Lebron, Kobe, Durant).

However, toss in that Dwight has spurned 2 teams (one of them being LA) and a significant chunk of opposing fans really dislike Harden's game (forcing contact for fouls whether they're actually a flop or not) and you're not going to get the same sort of national media love that you'd get if we had Durant, Lebron or even Kobe.

No worry, Houston will force it's way into more of the national spotlight as long as they keep winning.

1 person likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's still a story. Giving up over 400 points over a span of 3 straight games? Mediocrity isn't worth reporting on. But a storied NBA franchise playing worse than a crappy expansion team? That's worth a mention. Especially if that same team then goes on to beat the Thunder who at the time had the best record in the league.

Now if the Lakers' game next Sunday against the Magic leads off Sportscenter, then their heads need to be examined.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I have nothing further to say...:grin:

11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

What I want is respect. I don't care for the ridiculous circus media and hysteria over meaningless stuff. That can turn into a distraction when your worried about who tony romo and Lamar Odom is banging in the stands. ESPN can keep their circle jerk and just give us the respect we earn.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

tbh that lakers win was pretty impressive

13. BonziWellsGOAT

Breaking: Lamar Odom makes new crack pipe.....crafting skill now at 100

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I agree. But instead of show the Rockets love last night, they spent more time talking about Jodi freakin Meeks. When we beat Miami they spent more time talking about Lebron being tired than giving us credit for our defense. Now if Lebron had scored 40pts against us, all you'd see is Lebron's face and 15 fastbreak dunks shown in slow motion. ESPN must have something in their contract that says we have to ride the nutsack of certain players and teams. Just a little diversity is all I'm asking

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

This is just going to be like when we had the 22 winning streak. ESPN didn't start talking about it until we got to 16 wins in a row! 16!!! And even then it was a side note most nights until it got to 19 and higher. That's just ridiculous.

They started talking about Heat's winning streak religiously after 10. I feel our streak was the bigger story because even with McGrady, it was the role players stepping up every night to continue the win streak. We went from out of the playoffs to the top seed during that streak int the tough Western Conference. Not like the Heat having 3 top 15 players and the best player in the world by far, feasting on East teams most nights.

But anyway, they'll keep talking about us in a good light if we keep winning. We will have the nice segments and top story headlines but if we start losing some games we should have won, it will be back to 30 second highlights and media members sprouting that Houston isn't a contender, Howard doesn't have any post moves, Harden isn't a real superstar and other media none sense.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

They got hot from three. That's it.

I watched the game and I didn't see anything special in that game. If anything, the story was that the "mighty" Thunder didn't defend or score against the lowly Lakers team or the usual "Westbrook is hurting the Thunder/Durant". Not the, "Jodie Meeks saves the Lakers, beats the Thunder" story line ESPN is trying to say.

Meeks, for all his brilliance in the 3rd quarter, didn't do much in the fourth. He scored like 4 points? And the Lakers were doing everything to lose that game in typical Laker fashion. They lost a double digit lead with 6 minutes left. They were horrible down the stretch. But fortunately for them, OKC was even worst.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

The Rockets are earning the respect they are getting. They can earn the ultimate respect by winning it all this year.:eek:

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I hate First Take but they are about to give the Rockets some love. NOt because they want to but because they would be idiots not to.

19. BonziWellsGOAT

Not to get off topic but Carrie Champion is such a big Laker homer it's sickening....everytime they talk about the Rockets she cringes and tries to inject negativity to the conversation.....its borderline inappropriate

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

guys, you know what happens (at least in years past) when the Rockets finally get some shine: Rockets fall off a cliff. Rockets don't do well with respect. It's like they feed off the media disrespect. Rockets love to fly under the radar. with that said i think i set my DVR to record everything running on ESPN and NBATV. I'm ready for the insults. their tears will be delicious.