1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Core, to me, is someone damn near irreplaceable which by building around, gives you an advantage over other organizations.

I feel like PG is one of, if not the most oversaturated talent position in the NBA and Dragic would be easily replaceable with a comparable player. I was fine with Brooks, I was fine with Lowry, and I am fine with Dragic. But commiting big money to one of them for 4+ years is just not smart. Thats how Toronto ended up with the Calderon deal.

I would pay Dragic 6, 7, 8, 9. Anything more, and I would let him walk.

Conversely, it is extremely difficult to find a competent center who can walk and chew gum. I am absolutely fine with the Asik deal.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Centers are not as necessary in today's NBA, the two best in the league in Bynum and Howard are not leading their teams anywhere.

While I generally agree with your comments about replaceable parts, I believe Dragic has the ability to reach that elite status, and those are the guys you keep.

DD

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Let him walk... definitely not worth that much money. We have Lowry starting for a little over half what Dragic wants with the same, if not better production level and overall play.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As @<a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">ESPNSteinLine</a> mentioned last night, little chance of Dragic return to Rockets. Source: "Goran’s not coming back. Just not happening."</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/220172546652381185" data-datetime="2012-07-03T15:10:00+00:00">Juli 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. HMMMHMM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sides so far apart on contract, meeting yesterday ended w/ thanks and good luck kind of exchange. Still, Dragic hasn't gotten that deal yet.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/220172977587761152" data-datetime="2012-07-03T15:11:43+00:00">Juli 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wow. Feigen reporting it kind of locks it up. Either they plan to keep Lowry or they plan to tank.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Once considered a lock or near lock to not returning. Ha wow. Change of events/plans for sure.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Jesus, so now our starting PG is going to be a disgruntled one. Awesome!

9. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

No brainer to keep Lowry over Goran, if he's dead set on 10M a year.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

$8 million was overpaying already so if Dragic is offended by that then I'd like to see what he'll say about the lowball offers he'll get from other teams.

Btw, not a lot of buyers going after Dragic like many thought huh?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is a heirarchy and you are smart enough to know that.

DWill is the first chip that has to fall, then Nash, then you get to Gogi and then Lin.

DD

12. HMMMHMM

I'm probably reaching here, but I wouldn't rule out that this could be yet another ploy by Morey, giving himself some leverage in the Lowry trade talks.

Also could be that the Rockets and Dragic are simply very far apart. :p

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

Jeez. Very disappointing.

14. gregas

gregas Member

The problem apparently wasn't only the money, it was the years offered also.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I doubt it's a ploy at this point. They will probably renounce their rights to him and open up cap space for the Asik signing.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet Morey is the one who ende the meeting too. His poker face is epic. Gogi's agent is ****ing his pants.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

we can try to get lin with a poison pill offer (back loaded) to make sure knicks can't match. w/ our current roster, lin may be able to make other young players play better and raise their value for future trade to get an elite player.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Too bad, so sad.

Lowry / Machado time

19. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

He's asking for Rondo type money....he is NOT Rondo.

20. Htown's2kFinest

Wow if we lose him...

He's our best player on the team. Pay him! If we can retain him then I certainly hope the team goes hard after Lin and brings him back on the team.