1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets don't have any Power Forwards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

It's not looking good for the Rockets. Mo-T is not cutting it. Don't know if it's the injury or not but he's not hitting anything.

Eddie lost something and his "defense" of his own player is terrible.

There is no fix in the horizon and the team will no trade either one of them so it's going to be the Eddie/Mo shown against the PFs of the league.

It's not going to be pretty.

And if asked did I jump of the Eddie G. bandwagon, I just don't know. I wish him well but he's no Amare S. and if the option was availalbe for the Rockets to trade Eddie G. and the 15th pick for the 9th pick (Phoenix's) pick. Would you have liked it back then? It's a moot point now.

2. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I believe the adage says,"Hindsight is 20/20."

If going back to the draft and the Rockets had the option of trading the 15th pick and Eddie Griffin for the ninth pick, I would've said a resounding "No Way!"

Give Eddie some time. He is gonna be what we all think he will be, a good if not great player. I'm not off the Eddie bandwagon. I cheered when we traded for him and I still cheer him now.

Amare would be great to have, but he would probably be sitting on the end of the bench while MoT and KT battle it out for starting position. And we wouldn't have James Posey.

Having a player like Amare (a physical player inside to rebound, and have intensity) is the kind of player that just about every team in the NBA would want right now.

3. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Verbatim, the Rockets do have Power Forwards. They have two power forwards. And maybe three if you include Terence Morris. What you meant to say was we have three incompetent power forwards.

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

People say the Rockets have depth at the PF position. I guess so.
    Of course the Rockets have three crappy power forwards. so the depth from a crappy angle is there.

Mo T has lost it. I mean this guy is like my old BMW that never made it over 70 mph. Half of what he used to be.

As for eddie, He still has a lot of room to improve. and I think him being off from the 3 point line is a good thing, because that means he will more likely decide to post up more.

As for Yao Ming, read my new sig.

5. theguent

theguent Member

Did you guys see Mo in todays game???

It was hard to watch an NBA Player who's jump shot had that little respect. They gave him close to 10 ft. of space to shoot and open jumper every time he got the ball out high, and he still wouldn't shoot it. But, then, the few times he did, when the ball left his hands, I would just hope that someone who get the offensive board. It was horrible- it was like there was no chance of it going in.

He had a couple nice moves to the basket from the post position, but got both of them rejected.

The only positive thing I can say for Mo was that, at least in the first half, he was hustling and chasing loose balls, and moving in the offensive when Yao or Steve had the ball, which was refreshing to see any of the Rockets role players do.

6. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

"Bulls announcer Tom Dore: "So Red, how have the Bulls neutralized Yao Ming?"

Johnny "Red" Kerr : "I'm not sure about the Bulls. The Rockets have neutralized Yao Ming."

Love your new sig, straight to the point!

-G'day-

7. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

OKAY. Eddie Griffin was great in today's game. Mo Taylor, I didn't see him play, but I heard he missed EVERYTHING. Yao Ming was doing excellent in the 4th quarter. The Rockets set him up well. But then we lost...LUCK.