1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets dismiss Darryl Eto?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 11, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. KTC

KTC Member

I'm confused. Jeremy Lin brought Eto in with him? I thought he was there beforehand.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

You can find more info about him here

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Good. I don't understand these trainers being out of shape. I'm looking at you Keith Jones

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's not a trainer more. He's more think head of the trading department and is now an assistant coach

6. Doktor Mndbndr

If Eto is the guy who looks like Mr. Miyagi, who is the mysterious "second Jeremy Lin"?

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Wasn't Eto brought in for Yao's final year? He worked with him on his rehab but he only played 5-6 games regular season before he went down again.

8. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

i dont understsand lol.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Linconsistency explained?

10. bmd

bmd Member

Keith Jones is a trainer. I don't think he's in the weight room conducting workouts like a strength and conditioning coach is.

He deals with injuries, rehab, recovery regimens, etc.

11. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Dwight's guy was in charge of the Magic Strength Training..

june 28 abc houston news..

"Rockets hired former Orlando Magic strength and conditioning coach Joe Rogowski. Rogowski was with the Magic during the Dwight Howard years."

All signs pointed toward Joe becoming the head of strength and conditioning at Houston when the Rockets went ahead and secured him a week before D12 signed.

If you look back at D12s physique during his formative "superman" years much credit is given to Joe, whom now should have the keys to the kingdom when it comes to getting the Rockets into game shape.

12. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Now that Eto is no longer part of the Rockets, will you stop following them?

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Interesting changes going on. I think they are making space for an elite troop of assistants under McHale, having realized that he needs technical help.

Maybe what was discussed in Florida was: you get an extension if we get to choose 2-3 of your assistants. That would be a good deal IMO.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you think signing mchale to an extension would be a good deal if morey gets to choose his assistants :confused:

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think this is simply giving the job to Dwight's guy.

It's not like the Rockets weren't affected by injuries this season. You'd think they'd want to keep the guy they headhunted from the Suns to deal with these injuries.

16. N/A

N/A Member

huh? what does this have to do with Lin? this seems like scapegoating now that Mchale can't get fired. They're fooling themselves if they think the "lesser" coaches were the reason the team didn't advance to the 2nd round.

17. N/A

N/A Member

[​IMG]

sorry if this doesn't work...still trying to figure out image/link posting...

18. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

One puppet isn't enough: Morey wants full control - what a waste of an opportunity in grabbing H&H

19. Doktor Mndbndr

The young Morey is a fast learner. I refuse to rate him too lowly for this reason, because it was logical to first build the more important talent identification/scouting systems, which he has.

As evidenced by these moves and his public comments, he has turned his attention to defense and coaching.

However, I've very concerned about the long learning curve for rookie coaches. Years, if not decades of experience may be necessary. But Houston needs NBA championship-caliber coaches for next season, and where do you buy those off the shelf?

20. Doktor Mndbndr

The Rockets could sign an NBA-proven player like Dwight, but the championship-proven Popoviches, Rileys, and Phil Jacksons aren't available. Raw coaching talent probably takes very long to mentor and develop, college coaches would require a transition time, so who's left?

What available candidates are not only "NBA ready", but moreover, "NBA championship ready"? I honestly don't see how Morey will pull this off in time for the next two seasons.