1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets deal for Dillon Brooks (4 yrs/$86 million + incentives)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 1, 2023.

1. 9baller

9baller Member

Has it been confirmed that the contract is fully guaranteed?

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

1. not worth the MLE that would be absurd (not to even speak of what the rockets gave him)
    2. stupid
    3. no, he flat out sucks

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Pretty sure we don't want this kind of "leadership"

4. beardsanity713

He is definitely not a hub but he is a pretty decent offensive player he averaged like 18ppg in 21-22 some other guys emerged in Memphis is why I think it dipped to 14ppg last season but I trust Ime & his pedigree to get these guys to play in his vision.

5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I sure hope not... he is a immature idiot

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Kelly Iko tweeted that it was

Jontro likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What a waste of money

DD

Deckard likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do we know what the declining salary looks like? Aren't there CBA rules that dictate this? Has Bima calculated this somewhere? (Twitter isn't working for me anyone since I don't have an account.)

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Not only is he not a “pretty decent offensive player”, but it’s very possible he is literally the single worst offensive player in the entire nba who will get minutes outside of maybe some rookies

OremLK likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

we now have our own lerbon, katie, murray, george, klay, reaves stopper.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yuck. I kept waiting to hear that it was a couple of team options or something. Stone got hoodwinked by Brooks' agent, man. If they really, really liked him they should have offered him like $26M over two years. Anybody going much over that for this guy is an idiot. To pay nearly four times that much money for four years of Brooks is mind-boggling levels of stupid.

Deckard likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. beardsanity713

I go off the eye test more than analytics he was a really big part of why Memphis was good defensively again a down year doesn't define a players career. This narrative that he's some scrub is silly he is a Rocket now I'm rooting for his success

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How are his catch and shoot numbers?

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

It wasn't just a down year. His career TS% is .512. That is godawful by any measure. But maybe if he was a PJ Tucker type he would at least limit the damage by taking very few shots... nope! 13.1 shots per game.

This guy redefines "black hole". The ball hits his hands and is never seen again.

Bobbythegreat and Tuckmose like this.
  16. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I like the FVV move, we needed a PG and vet leader. 3 years for dont care mega bucks because we had to meet the salary floor money, whatever he will work hard for Ime.

But 4 years of Dildo Brooks? I get we need defense. Maybe Ime told him here is how your role will be. Fine. But why the hell 4 years? Who was going to give him 4 years 65mil? I'd be fine with 2 years loaded with performance bonus to lock in 3 and 4 years. I've been on the give coach a chance, but 4 years guaranteed. Did I read this right? I'm so confused why they had to push 4 years for a guy almost nobody wanted.

Deckard likes this.
  17. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Say hello to the most inefficient team in the league. 200M+ to 2 sub 50% eFG shooters. What horrible free agency.

Whatever Stone had accomplished he just completely destroyed. Team will be stuck in mediocrecy for the foreseable future.

With all that money I would have expected a superstar, or at the very least a decent f”ing shooter.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The eye test is only worth something if you’re watching basically every game every team plays. This is why stats and data exist. If you don’t believe in math or analytics or data that’s fine, but he absolutely is as damaging of an offensive player as currently exists in the league

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Who the hell were we competing against to give this chucking fool 4/80??