1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I disagree. I am not re-defining rentals. You could argue that someone would rather trade for an expiring at the deadline than someone they have a multi-year on a contract they may or may not think he is worth. We aren’t getting anything other than a second rounder for House. I think the Rockets are trying to extend him, because they like his potential and think they can get him cheap, not so they can up his “asset” value. Whether you extend him or not he can be bundled for salary purposes at the trade deadline.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would rather see Gerald Green getting another contract than ever see House in a Rockets uniform again. Gerald Green is a hometown favorite - House is not.

rocket43, D-rock, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have to say, there is also the question of the tragedy House endured last season. My heart still goes out to him.

The right thing to do is offer him something not outlandish (which we won't).

We have so many 2/3's on this team, something will have to give, and it might be Danuel House, but letting him walk for nothing would be short-sighted.

jboslett and amaru like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who knows maybe they know he’s working hard.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rental and expiring are not the same thing, the way everyone talks about them. Expiring are expected to sign for less on their next contact; rentals more. thus, expirings have indirect value in capspace creation — the way ppl strike a difference in the two terms.

I didn’t make up that difference in the way ppl talk.

if House had another year on his current $3.8M value contract, his trade value would be more than as a rental expecting to test the FA market for more. This is why Stone is looking to sign him now, so he has the flexibility to trade him 6mos from now. That flexibility disappears in a few weeks, except as a rental.

only Rockets fans think House won’t get a raise, even a significant one over his current $3.8M. Sure, his trade value could be hurt by extending him for too much ... that’s why it’s a negotiation.

#165 heypartner, Aug 22, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

IIRC, Gordon isn’t double and triple teamed the whole playoffs while being asked to create all of his and everyone else’s shots.

Nook, D-rock, saleem and 2 others like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

It happened only because Harden cant play another way than hold ball for 23 seconds

8. amaru

amaru Member

Revisionist history is fun!

Nook, D-rock, burlesk and 3 others like this.
  9. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

Dang, thats a bad take. I guess you didn’t catch any BKN games that definitively prove that is not accurate…

*if that was actually sarcasm and not a terrible take, I apologize for missing the humor.

D-rock likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He ain't working too hard. I haven't heard a song yet.

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

Harden wasn't asked to create all the offense, thats a preference that was granted by Morey. Hence why he was still playing in blowouts padding stats. When Mchale benched Harden against the Clippers (and we WON) he got fired, when CP took the ball outta Harden's hands he pouted and got him traded. Harden WANTED the ball all game

You guys need better talking points

beardsanity713 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

What BKN team did you watch? Harden wasn't moving off the ball or coming off screens. He played exactly the same way he did here with more talent lol

HTown_TMac and CVcrew like this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Good thing he wasn't- since he forgot how to dribble a few years ago!!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

As I said, not a good argument. “Did you watch games? Remember that one game? See, he wasn’t as consistent as this other guy who had games of 5, 9, 9, and 12 points the last two playoffs.”

Of course, you didn’t even say the latter because that would require too much effort.

Harden was far from perfect in the playoffs, but there is no credible argument that Gordon was better in any way.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I still remember lots of people here wanted to kill Tilman/Morey for not signing House when he was on a two-way. How far has he dropped in the eyes of CFers.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in between. House is not a smart guy on and off the court. But he has some basketball skills that NBA teams need. A decent 3pt shooter and can defend a bit. He is an 8th or 9th guy on a good team, worth at least a vet min contract, may be a little more.

16. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I hope it's a reasonable contract. He can defend both forward spots and is a streaky shooter but seems to play up to the competition.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m fine with extending on vet min or a little more. Still think he will be worth a second round pick whether he is signed for a couple of years or one. Just, please, don’t overpay.

Easy likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is still inconsistent. That's the problem with him. You know what you're going to get from Nwaba and Tate.

19. hakeemthagreat

One game? Lol. 13 turnover GS game. The Spurs game 5 where had like more turnovers than shot attempts. GS game he completely quit because he didn't wanna share the ball with CP. I can post videos in case you need references

I didn’t say better, i said most consistent.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly. If some contending-ish team is under pressure to add shooting at the trade deadline, a cheap House flip could net a protected late 1st

DrNuegebauer likes this.