1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Problem with that is that the bag of chips still has the same iq….so not sure that solves our needs.

eman likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don’t know why this was even a question. Get him on a new contract so we don’t lose him for nothing when the time comes.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Any extension should require him to give up the #4.

Richie_Rich and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

MAX HIM OUT!

D-rock, Drift Monkey and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Rename this man Danuel Apartment until he proves himself worthy.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Silas likes him… thinks he is a dawg. Silas also liked Oladipo and Wall and Gordon… he wanted to take the ball out of Harden’s hands.

I don’t think Silas is very good at player evaluation… and the fact he has any real say on who is on the roster is a problem because he isn’t good at it.

D-rock, ArtV, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I do not like him, for all u harden haters and the stuff u btch about at least the beard kept his dck in check during the playoffs. We should have traded house ass long ago for that stunt.

A dude that literally put his dck as the number one priority over basketball isn't someone worth extending.

Imanimal likes this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What's minimum wage in Houston?

hahachui, hongxingli and napalm06 like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Every day this thread is alive, America gets worse.

Do something @PatrickFertitta

D-rock likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe he's just aware that putting our summer league roster on an NBA court will get him fired midseason lol

Also, do we really know that Silas has any real say? Outside of Iko reporting that Silas is close with or likes X player? I know you hear things sometimes

From the few times I've heard Stone speak about Silas input regarding the draft picks, he didn't really sound like he gave a ****. He comes off as very cold and calculated with his decision-making process. The only person I fear ****ing up Stones' work is Tilman and his son.

11. hakeemthagreat

So he wanted team ball, not the stat chasing personal accolade regular season ball Harden gave us?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Does he even have value?

Tbh I value that roster space more than hiuse right now. He hasnt shown to be anythijg more than a warm body. In the beginning yeah he had some potential but I hadnt seen any progression since we got him. In fsct it seems he has regressed, havent seen that potential that made the Rox hide him away since forever.

We got Armoni Brooks waiting on an offer I'd rather free up space for him rather than House. Rox are a rebuilding team we should be looking for diamonds in the rough like Brooks over JR Smith jrs.

#112 roslolian, Aug 20, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    D-rock, Bo6 and Mr.Scary like this.
  13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

14. NewAge

NewAge Member

They may be counting on another House-ing bubble, so this may be just to flip it…
    Problem with this House is it has major problems upstairs that may be structural, so not sure it’ll work.

white_dragon and Drift Monkey like this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Folks are always saying the Rockets need long wings with nba bodies that can shoot and defend. Well house is pretty good at both of those things plus he can actually put the ball on the floor and make plays.

Also, I don’t get the ‘player x doesn’t fit our timeline’ thing.
    Even if you think the Rockets won’t be a good team until three years from now that’d only put house in his early 30’s. Then at that time you’d be looking for veterans like that to help with a playoff push.

Resigning house to a reasonable deal makes sense in every way.

CriscoKidd, Drift Monkey and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Fact is that Silas almost broke the all time nba record in the history of the sport for most losses in a row. Great human being…..horrible head coach.

NewAge and D-rock like this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I can and will be happy to answer your first question…….”No”

roslolian likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Was it team ball when he got caught with his dck out during playoffs? Dude was the only player that got sent home for our team if not the while league.

D-rock and Drift Monkey like this.
  19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only two player on the Rockets roster had negative Value Over Replacement Player numbers: House and KPJ.

The good news is that last year was the first year that House had a negative number, so maybe a more stable roster will benefit him and he can regain his previous years' effectiveness.

KPJ had a similar negative number with Cleveland, so it will be interesting to see which direction he goes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Please let this be April fools.

D-rock likes this.