1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Danuel House engaged in extension talks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Aug 20, 2021.

1. jb86

jb86 Member

I understand that. But the whole purpose of the game is to win. I'm not interested in waiting for this team to get good in 5 years. It should be a no excuse mentality. On top of that, most of our rookies have played professional ball before coming to the Rockets. I expect them to step to the learning curve quicker than other rookies. All I'm trying to say is that winning is a mindset. You are not going to win if you don't THINK you will first.

RudyTBag, saleem, mikenm268 and 3 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the Rockets were AWESOME in the playoffs last year without Harden weighing them down.... what was their record again?

Deuce, TEXNIFICENT, mikenm268 and 2 others like this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

They didn’t lose a single playoff game!

Jontro and vlaurelio like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I also think it sets up a toxic culture when you’re not doing what you can to win. Players don’t want to lose. They don’t want to think about the team in X number of years AFTER their current contract is set to expire. It sends a bad message to the youngins and to potential free agents.

RudyTBag, jb86 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Over 9 seasons James Harden as a Rocket averaged....

30/8/6/2/1 (Leads the league in scoring per game during that period)

52%/36%/87%

ORT: 118 DRT: 106 (Second in the league over the last 9 years)

115 W/S (Leads the league over the last 9 years)

Harden led the league in scoring 4 times in 8 full seasons with the Rockets

Harden led the league in W/S 5 times in 8 full seasons with the Rockets

Harden finished first or second in VORP 6 times in 8 full seasons with the Rockets

Harden led the league in free throw attempts 7 times in 8 full seasons with the Rockets.

Top player comparisons for nine years with Rockets per statistics plus:

1. Magic Johnson 2. Jerry West 3. Michael Jordan 4. Oscar Robertson 5. Kobe Bryant

Clearly James Harden was a horrendous cancer holding back the Rockets....

Deuce, joshuaao, amaru and 10 others like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t agree that harden was holding us back or always disappeared at crucial moments — but he did at times and posting AVERAGES for the regular season doesn’t paint the full picture. It doesn’t matter what you do for 47 minutes if you disappear the last 60 seconds — again, I don’t think he always disappeared but there were multiple times he did, most notably Spurs series (possibly concussed) and the Clippers.

also, he may perform great on the court and still be a cancer in the locker room or set a bad culture example.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yup should have kept Martin Lamb and drafted mr New Zealand.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Straw man.

peleincubus likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

The moron you're debating with will take any thread no matter the subject and turn it an ignorant AF anti-Harden tirade.

YOLO likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I cant cut for snitches. Especially in this city where we are built different.

Danuel House tried to rat on Tyson Chandler during the bubble playoffs in order to escape punishment. Never forget that.

House is b**** made and a shame he reps the H. Actin like he from Dallas and sht.

12. jb86

jb86 Member

Thank you

13. hakeemthagreat

Are you not aware we were NOT trying to win last year? The playoffs wouldn't have gotten Jalen Green

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don’t know why Stone isn't holding him accountable for his bubble behavior. Rudy T would have kicked him out.

Verbal Christ and RudyTBag like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I guess the Rockets weren’t trying to win in the 15 years before Harden got here either.

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Daniel Horny House

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Or how about: drafting Kawhi the previous year, not trading Lowry, and drafting somebody decent with the three 2012 picks instead of the Lamb/Royce/TJ può-poo platter?
    Kawhi+Lowry+decent pieces = ring (see: Raptors, Toronto)

Morley gets glorified for this one trade, but reality is he sucked drafting in the teens (he had some decent hits in the 20s and second round)and he sold Lowry cheap…

peleincubus and hakeem94 like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Revisionist drafting is the worst argument one can possibly make. Half the NBA passed on Kawhi.

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

right, I was responding to a counter-factual of not trading for Harden and ending-up with Lamb, Martin and Steven Adams. What I am saying is that once you go down this road, there are different scenarios, some are actually better than the Harden trade. Morley went down a pathway that was OK, but not ideal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Are u aware that we were legit sht, don't b spinning that "we were trying not to win". U harden haters were so happy he was gone, we had some delusional posters thinking franchise player wall and cousin were gonna lead us back into playoffs. Tanking only came after It became obvious that our team is quite sht after harden left.