1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets could be frontrunner for Marc Jackson if Hakeem leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Bskball.com said that talks have stalled with Golden State because Jackson is seeking a 6 year deal! This wouldn't be too out of line considering MacCullough got 6 yrs, $33.75 million. Jackson is probably seeking a "Catoesque" $40-42 mill. I say pass at that price.

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Marc Jackson is not worth more than 3 -4 million.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

3. man532

man532 Member

I don't think Dream wants to play in Toronto due to two factors.

First, cold weather, Dream has spent his entire life (38 years) in warm weather climates. Since I'm a Michigander and have lived there 18 years, those winters can be brutual in the North and we all know that Dream would prefer a warm weather climate.

Second, the tax situation in Toronto, Canadian taxes start at 40% and with drunk Bush lowering the taxes in the U.S. the dollar goes farther against canadian cash. Dream is a very astute business man and taxes will play a big role in this.

I would cut Dream off and focus on signing Marc Jackson (Tough, Rebounds, Hustles, and plays defense), we will not mistake him for Cato. A starting lineup of Mo Taylor, Jackson, Shandon, Cuttino and Steve is not bad. The bench is very strong with Moochie, Eddie, Bullard, Cato, Kenny, Langhi, Terrence. Walt, Collier, and Colsen on injured reserved.

Prediction, 2nd Round of playoffs.

------------------
    Let go and let GOD!