1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[rockets.com] von wafer & practice notes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Oct 10, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thanks for the update Jason!

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Thanks Jason, I was curious about Von Wafer's chances.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

thanks jason! you know how anxious about wafer

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Thanks, Jason.

I really like what Wafer said.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It'll be interesting to see if Wafer can keep it up. If he can play defense, he's better than Head. It would be nice to have a young, athletic, 6'5 3rd string SG. His numbers improved a lot his 2nd year at FSU. He probably just left too early. He seems like the type that needed 4 years of college.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, how many will be kept on the roster - 15? Fewer? Can VW play some 1? Can Straw stir up any part of the game (in addition to D)?

Jase, you're doing a bang-up job in your new position - keep it up! And may you get canned like Cousy - at 80, after 34 years (broadcasting), while retaining a check from the team.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Hate to say it but he may replace SF in the lineup. Franchise may be traded in a numbers game if he can't play in the preseason.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Based on our current pg situation, SF won't be traded.

9. joesr

joesr Member

thing is they already know Francis is missing preseason games easy, he said he would miss almost the first half of the season as well.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wafer would be a bad point guard if they tried that. Doesnt have the handles. If you could combine Strawberry and Wafer into one guy you'd have a hell of a player.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I can't say I have seen either play; wonder if I'll ever see them in a (regular season) Toy Shop uni... :eek:

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Always a great read buddy. Thanks. And keep em coming.

13. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Just because Francis is a point guard doesn't mean he won't be traded. It looks less and less likely that he we will be able to contribute anything, thus the position he plays is meaningless. In all liklihood the guy will be trade before the end of the season - he'll be a throw in expiring contract if for no other reason but to open up a spot for Deke. But I don't see this happening before the season begins, so its no help to Wafer.