1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] The Odd Couple - Battier and Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Oct 17, 2008.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I was just coming over here to post the link for you.

Great article. I think a lot of us thought that the calming influence of the type of guys in our locker room would be what Artest needs to move on, from his reputation in the past.

I look forward to seeing what the full line up looks like when everyone is healthy.

Thanks Jason!!

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Great article, Jason.

That's probably the most intriguing thing for me this season, more so than seeing the Ron/Yao combo or the Tracy/Ron combo. I want to see the Shane/Ron combo!

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Thanks, Jason.

Tmac won't play tonight. I hope he can be ready at the openning night. I feel not very positive. :(

5. DPballer

DPballer Member

The versatility of our defense is going to be salivating.
    That's a pretty interesting point. With Yao, Alston, Battier, and Hayes, Artest will have a solid help-side. He will be a defensive beast.
    LMAO! That is so cold. :D

6. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

The first thing that just jumps out at me and is an immediate red flag:

"Ever since I stopped lifting weights, my shoulder's been fine." - T-mac

I'm not the first one to say bring this to attention, but there was a video that had circulated in which he was working out at home, and his trainer was having him lift weights using the improper form. This can lead to various adverse effects, especially <b> muscle strain </b>. I wish somebody who can get in contact with him would notify him, because this may be a small part of all the pains he has been experiencing. Just my .02 cents

7. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I don't think versatility is capable of salivating. ;)

But I'm certainly salivating thinking about having Yao backing up Shane and Ron.

8. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

man. that article left me smiling. ive never been so intrigued by the team's apparently awesome chemistry before.

the kansas thing made me laugh for sure.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yeah I saw that video. The form was terrible and weightlifting is all about form. I don't know what his PT was thinking

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wasnt that video from years ago? i think he has changed his routine since then.

And Jason
    --thanks again for all your hardwork loved the article

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I doubt any changes were made to his technique. As far as I know, Wayne Hall is still his trainer. Saw him at the crowd at the open scrimmage, as a matter of fact.

For those wondering, here's the video (watch from the 49 second mark)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/70H20uE8Gco&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/70H20uE8Gco&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone who knows anything about proper weightlifting technique will cringe at that video.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

SBattier is now manipulating Ron Artest into becoming his apprentice. You people may not believe me, but Battier has the psychological profile of a serial killer.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

14. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Yeah, it's simply unbelieveable how Wayne Hall don't stop / correct him. I bet my savings that this was a great cause of his back problems. Its a tremendous barbarity. Wayne Hall should be an eminence in their field, and what he did was to **** the McGrady physical, nor more nor less. McGrady's body only has gone worse and worse with the time...

And this is the PT of an NBA star... To see to believe.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I remember you talking about this last year. It's still unbelieveable.

Great article Jason!

16. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

NO LAYUPS!!!!!!!!!! #1 Defense in the League!!!!!!!! 08-09 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

17. Bassem

Bassem Member

:( Tracy win't be playing today. I guess it's for the best.

18. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

The video is really annoying. Watch how Wayne Hall does nothing while Tracy is breaking his back...

And is not only the back question... his body has only gotten worse with the time, and too much. Tracy is heavier every year, more bulked but slower, why that much muscle? Look at players like Kobe (older), he maintains a great physycal, strong but also fine, light and fast. And Tracy?

And read this...

I'm sure we are with a great example of how a bad job at lifting can **** a body, and how a bad job at the planning can **** a player. I think Keith Jones is the athletic trainer of the Rockets, he should have worked along with WH and follow his training. Any professional can't pass that.

... Is really annoying to see how McGrady's great physical tools have been wrecked in this way. Certainly, its a video to show to all new rookies.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I can't wait to see how much better they both get... the competition is going to increase with them on the same team, every night. It will be stellar. :D

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

:mad: Back spasms will happen if you jerk your back around and sling weights around like a little kid.