1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] The Education of Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Oct 2, 2008.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

2. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

3. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

4. jekjek

jekjek Member

nice matrix name drop, i hope one day aaron's game will start resemble tony parker's too

5. i3artow i3aller

One more dribble and then he's the next Parke huh? Doesn't sound too hard. Do it to it AB. Nice Find.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Don't even need a full fledged Parker, just the assist part is enough.

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

For real!! lol

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

has tracy ever not said that a teammate of his is greatly improved or is the best thing to ever happen to him and the rockets? That could be a good thing but after a certain point, you can start to ignore the positive comments by him, seemingly generic...

9. FFz

FFz Member

very strong well written article. I love the closing. Keep up the good work please!

10. csux

csux Rookie

uh-oh..

Neo Brooks!

11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'm really rooting for Brooks this season. He's faster than the majority of PGs in the league, so it's good to hear that he's finishing better around the rim. He could be a real weapon. I'm still not confident with his decision-making and defense, but that's only based on his summer league play.

12. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

hopefully he's right and brooks develops into a very good point guard, he's still young so he can still develop, for you brooks haters that say he didn't do good last year, it was his rookie season and he only started to be in the rotation around December

13. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

I think the most important thing that keeping him off the floor for significant of time is his defense. Bigger and stronger guard can just abuse him on defensive end.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He is the one.

15. melodyboy

melodyboy Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Great article, and the term BULLET time actually comes from the video game Max Payne.

DD

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Aaron is only going to get better, and I have faith in him as our point of the future... He is lightning quick, can score if he needs to, and last season he made some passes that made my jaw drop.

Once he learns how to use that quickness on defense to get to where a defender is going to be instead of where the defender already is... he'll be that much better.

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

if he be anywhere close to what tony parker have in the drive and dish/score, he be a hack of a player as he have the 3p range as well.

Heck, that is steve nash right there, with more speed.

Lofty expectation for a sophomore, but if he be as good as rafer of last year in this coming season, i be happy for him.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

yeah, no it didn't.
    that term was originated for the matrix.
    hell...the matrix came out 2 years before max payne did. max payne was in development for awhile -- but the term was originated by the artists doing CG on the matrix.

not that it matters...since "bullet time" itself wasn't invented by any of them...remedy (the developers of max payne) and the wachowski brothers all give credit of "bullet time" to john woo.

#20 seclusion, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008