1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com Rockets team of the decade 2000's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matador, Apr 19, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because the chicks dig him, nothing more.

2. kevC

kevC Member

Are we counting 09-10? I figured we're doing 00-09? Isn't that how they defined the 90's 89-90 to 98-99?

3. juicystream

juicystream Member

It has been a long time since Cat was traded. I think Battier being so much fresher in people's minds is why he made it.

4. durvasa

durvasa Member

I see. Technically, 2001 marked the turn of the century, so I figured the 00s decade started with the 00/01 season.

5. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Mutombo over Yao?

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

What kind of dumb **** is that?? It's not position related, we were allowed to pick ANY 5 players which means A) the fans are like you and chose by position which is plain dumb or B) the numbnuts at rockets.com pick the most votes per position. I also find it suspect they do not show the percentages / numbers of votes.

Mutombo not being in is a worse travesty than Thorpe not making the 90s teams. The guy kept us competitive when Yao was out all those game, was the main reason the streak extended to 22 games and kept our locker room in check in 2009. A veteran leader is what he was and should've been in right behind Yao.

7. durvasa

durvasa Member

Its called "Rockets team of the decade" and you're asked to select 5 players.

Even if they weren't explicit about it, its understandable that people would interpret that as selecting a 5-man lineup in the same spirit as the All-NBA team selections.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Still, just looking at the players you could choose from, tell me that there's 4 players, other then Yao, who deserve it more than Deke? You want to make a case for Tracy, Scola, Battier, Francis or any other from the list you could choose from? Go ahead, but nobody can fool me thinking anyone besides Yao who deserves it over Deke.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Member

he better sober up first