1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Rockets.com]Post-practice interviews 3/5: Brooks, Lin, McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Mar 5, 2013.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just trying to get on Kevin's good side so he can win some minutes

2. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

absolutely agree 100%.

not only do we know what he's gonna say we also know what lame ass play he's gonna call on offense.

god kubiak sucks so much balls.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is ackward! Beverley's defense and energy is so much fun to watch, but I really wanna see Brooks J'n some clutch threes like he used to! Maybe we can find a way to get them both out there...

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Literally the worst non-Lin post all year.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Alot of sensativity for the poor media today. Would you rather have a coach that gives you a canned response to a dumb question, or would you rather him try to have a little bit a fun and throw a little sarcasm back at him.

If you think McHale is abusive to the media, go see Rick Carlisle, Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, or go find clips of Jeff Van Gundy when he was a coach if you want to see a worn out, digruntled old man being a sarcastic prick to the media.

Guess what... the more the coach knows the media members, the more of a prick they are. See the clip below for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CR1OT55WP0

Its time to grow a pair, and get over the Kevin McHale hate. He's the coach, not the half time fan entertainment.

6. conquistador#11

please don't even use mchale in the same line with pop, phil, carlise and jvg!
    (just using reverse logic here)

7. dobro1229

When it has nothing to do with basketball, and is focused on his interview persona?... Bash him about basketball then if that makes people happy.

If people are going to bash him on his bubbly friendships with the media, you are just looking for something... anything to simply not like the guy for whatever reason. If you want to complain about him from a basketball standpoint... be my guest, but come up something... ANYTHING better than this crap to b**** about.

8. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

he said initially...dd

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

I would never have thought that there could be such a thing as a Patterson stan. I still don't know if Monta has it all but I'm pretty sure that with the emergence of the POF, we've seen it all.

10. Grigori

Grigori Member

I was under the impression that we were bashing him for both.

Okay, so the media asks him about his thoughts on an upcoming preseason game coming up in autumn. Oh yeah, too far ahead, have no thoughts about it, here you want a canned response? 'Cause that's all he's got. Understandable. Fine, you got any thoughts on the upcoming key matchup against GSW in two days? Oh no sireebob got no thought about that, either, only really thinking about the next game. Alright, sure. What are your thought on the DAL game tonight? Well, didn't think about that either because we wouldn't have the time to implement anything had he thought about it anyway. Right.

The dude just has the just going through the motions attitude going on. It doesn't matter if you ask him a dumb or a cogent question, he's got nothing but a canned response for you. You know, early last year I thought his sarcasm was funny, but it turned out even his sarcasm is canned. Everything else obviously would have required too much thought and effort.

11. dobro1229

Who cares about what he tells the media or if you like his sarcasm???...I personally just care about the team winning games.

I didn't know that in order to be a basketball coach mastermind, you have to explain every single aspect of the game to the media after practices. What active coaches EVER did this? As an analyst of course... as an active coach... Im not sure what you are expecting.

Have you ever seen an NBA coach broadcast exact details of their gameplans to the media for the world to see.. especially on defensive schemes? Wouldn't really make much sense to just give away any special plans they have. Even if that was the case, the Rockets are a team that you know exactly what they are going to do... so what's there to know that is so insightful???

Also, he's right about the offense being the same gameplan as it always is. Why would it change? Its a free-flowing offense that takes advantage of getting easy points in transition, moving the ball from side to side, and puts an emphasis on hitting the 3.

Im not sure how much the gameplan is going to change from game to game with this team. What do you really want him to tell you in this type of forum that is sufficient enough for the McHale haters to feel like they are satisfied with his media appearances????

I think the McHale haters here are just looking for something to b**** about. Dry your tears, and get over it.