1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Rockets.com]Post-practice interviews 3/5: Brooks, Lin, McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Mar 5, 2013.

1. FFz

FFz Member

Why is McHale such a jackass to berman?

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Finally watched them. McHale is an ass.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

man he is a midget

4. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

which HO ? oh that HO

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

because you don't tell someone they're going to shoot you, right before you tell them you slept with their wife.

6. Crank

Crank Member

We think disrespectful is asking a hof idiotic questions. Mchale= Rings. The press= zero
    We think the press is very irresponsible. it was the press who started the whole "choke city" and look how that turned out.

7. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I think McHale has pretty much lost patience for Mark Berman after they years of silly or stupid questions.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The NBA requires coaches to do a ton of press availabilities: after every practice, before and after every game (and those dreaded between qtr ones on national TV), plus after every shootaround on game day. McHale is likely just tired of answering questions all the time and is having some fun with it by being sarcastic.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Berman and McHale seem to have a bit of a media war going. We saw this in past interviews as well. I'm not sure when it got started, but before this I always thought Berman was a pretty highly-regarded reporter - well, he seemed to get a lot of scoops, anyway. Now it's like McHale is trying to pull the curtain back on the Wizard of Oz or something. I think Berman is downright scared to ask him a question now. lol.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

IIRC Berman was coming off as a prick when interviewing McHale a while back. Guess he's still bitter about that.

11. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

maybe if you work at a daycare

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

mchale is a jerk...but that makes him interesting, and he isnt looking ahead...other than the game in front of him...its foolish to ask about things that arent even gonna happen till next preseason to a head coach looking to focus on his next game...our reporters need to know that by now and stick to asking questions about the upcoming game...that has been his M.O...They should ask about Brooks' addition and the Dallas game...etc etc etc...

13. Grigori

Grigori Member

Press: Let's talk about playing in the Philippines.

McHale: Aww, man, you know I got nothing interesting to say about that. I don't really feel like flying to the Philippines. I don't really feel like thinking about these things. It's life, garden variety. We are all planetary fetuses gestating in the amniotic effluvia of terminal industrialism. Grind. Grind. Grind. It's all too much effort. Am I dead yet? Somebody shoot me.

Press: Alright, let's talk about basketball strategy.

McHale: Aww, man, you know I got nothing interesting to say about that. I don't really feel like preparing for games. I don't really feel like thinking about these things. It's just life, garden variety. We are all planetary fetuses gestating in the amniotic effluvia of terminal industrialism. Grind. Grind. Grind. It's all too much effort. Am I dead yet? Somebody shoot me.

14. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

The guy knew McHale wouldn't like the question and they were all laughing about it... no need to get so offended, everyone. He does every interview the same, if they ask him about anything in the future he says he's only focusing on the next game.

15. ejarts

ejarts Member

don't hate on McHale. it is pretty ridiculous to look that far ahead to next preseason while he has to think about surviving a playoff spot. AND I'M FROM PHILIPPINES. its a freaking PRESEASON GAME. McHale haters will always find the most petty excuses as triggers. as one of the games legends, preseason games mean nothing to mchale.

16. Grigori

Grigori Member

Most of McHale's interviews remind of one TurboZone sig or another.

[​IMG]

17. ejarts

ejarts Member

why is Jordan a jackass to everyone? why is popovich a jackass to everyone?

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

It should be expected that McHale is focused on the upcoming game. Still, it's fine to ask about the Asia trip. Just put a little professionalism into coming up with a good question. "The announcement today about the trip to the Philippines and Taiwan is getting fans excited in Asia. How much harder are games like that compared to a normal road game?" Something to give context and give him a path to a topic.

I swear, some of these beat reporters are like some CF fans: "Hey coach! Beverley - Lin; discuss."

19. Ultimate6thMan

He actually said: "Patrick and uh, uh, uh Lin......"

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

I think that's an apt assessment of McHale's attitude: As one of the game's legends, regular season games mean nothing to McHale, let alone preseason games. Everything is beneath him, the reporters, the questions, the games...

Press: So, do you have any thoughts on the preseason game coming up at the end of the year?

McHale: Are you kidding me? I don't think that far ahead. Why would you even ask that? Autumn of 2013? Seriously?

Press: Okay, fair enough. So, what about some thoughts on the upcoming key matchup against the GSW in three days? Wow, tight race, eh?

McHale: I don't really think that far ahead. I only think about winning the next game.

Press: Alright, sure. So, what about some thoughts on what the team's going to do to win tomorrow's game?

McHale: Well, er, you know, now that you mention it...to tell you the truth, er, I didn't really have to think about tomorrow's game, either, because, you know, we simply wouldn't have the time to prepare properly had I been thinking anyway. It's just another game, you know, same old, same old, no different than any other game.

Don't you people have better questions to ask? Why don't y'all come up with some clever questions where I can easily phrase the answers in the forms of preemptive excuses? Are you people real reporters or what? I shouldn't be doing the heavy lifting/hard thinking in these peasantly interviews. How about y'all put a little thought and effort into doing your jobs?