1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] Podcast and New story

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Sep 26, 2008.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Great stuff, as usual.

[rquoter]
    Gunning says repetition is especially important for someone like Chuck Hayes, who typically shoots without a hitch during warm-ups, but reverts to that bad habit come game-time.

"He's just gotta do it hundreds of thousands of times so that he gets to the point where he believes in that shot. I think what he does now is that, when he gets into the game, he reverts to his habit. So what we’ve got to do is make his habit a shot where there’s not necessarily that hitch.

"It takes time. You can shoot all you want in practice when the lights aren’t on and there’s no pressure, but it takes good habits and then the second thing, which is probably even more difficult, is to do it under pressure and gain confidence under pressure. When you’re under pressure, you revert to your habits. You can shoot thousands of shots where you’re fixing the problem, but that all goes for naught if you revert to your bad habits every time you get into a difficult situation. So you’ve got to develop a good habit and then use it when you get into those pressure situations. And maybe you’ll miss, but you just have to keep trying to gain confidence through repetition and then your new habit is going to become your new shot."[/rquoter]

If this guy is able to fix Chuck's free throw, God bless him.

(not to mention 2K sports better make an updated free throw animation for Chuck their top priority!)

3. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

4. Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka Rookie

Steve Francis

"Tell you what, it was impressive; he shot the ball very well. I was only with him one day since he’s obviously been rehabbing. But for his first day back in the gym, he had a lot of makes, let’s put it that way. And you always like to see that for a guy in one of his first days out. But he had a real good attitude, came with a good effort and shot the ball real well."

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Everybody's a hard worker. That's why I love this team - there's no slacking off, there's no throwing it up. The very foundation of good chemistry - love winning, hate losing, willing to work hard. You can go wrong with that.

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Have the Rockets invited Marcus Campbell to training camp? I think Morey said both Von Wafer and Marcus Campbell would be invited.

7. devin23

devin23 Member

Good to hear my boy francis is doing well. Hope he can make the team and produce.

8. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Tell him to tell McGrady to stop watching the ball on his free throws.

FOCUS ON THE BASKET!!!! I see it all the time from my seats. Yao does it, Nash does it, Kobe does it.

FOCUS ON THE RIM!!!!

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You can do it without a link.

Within iTunes go to Advanced.

Subscribe to podcast.

Then paste this link

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/podcast_rss.xml

That will add it to iTunes

10. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

no problem! Enjoy!

12. ayears

ayears Member

Somehow this sounds so familiar ... like my sports instructor told me.

miss her :(

13. Albert Einstain

there's no need to teach hayes how to shoot the ball in to the basket because he seldom gets the free throw shots. chuck is just a crap in offence.