1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] Damon Stoudemire??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Sep 4, 2008.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Brian Scalbrine is next to get added to the Rockets.

2. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

dumb as hell but funny as hell too me

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

you know he means rafer

4. ldg

ldg Contributing Member

Don't worry guys. Morey is just going to trade him to Portland for Brandon Roy. He has a history of trading the other team's fan favorite veteran for talent, doesn't he? ;)

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Quoted for truth

6. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Does Damon play defense? No.

The players we have been adding for the most part are defensive minded, especially the role players. DJ IMO has a very good chance of winding up as the backup point because of his ability to defend. TMac can handle the ball. What we don't need is a backup PG coming in and letting the opposing point drive and rack up fouls on our bigs. Scoring from the point is not what we need either. IMO Brook's days are numbered.

7. Pete the Cheat

Brooks defense wasn't as horrible as you are making it out to be. Keep in mind he was a rookie, and pg is the hardest position to pick-up coming into the league.

Also...he was actually the best defender against CP3 that I saw all of last season.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If Damon wants the vet min... i say snag him up! You can never have too much veteran talent! I'm not sayin give him a boatload of money and expect 24 minutes out of him a night. But the min and 10-12 minutes plus a good backup plan for injuries... i'd use a roster spot on him, inplace of Head or Strawberry.... maybe even SF - depending on his current physical condition. Keep AB, trade Rafer + head + sf? + whatever (hayes, s/t Landry, Harris, leunnen, etc..) and get Hinrich.... Hinrich/Damon/AB....that'd be sweet!

9. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

What's the status on Marty leunnen is he still going overseas? Or are the Rockets trying to find a roster spot for him.
    Anyways as for Mighty Mouse He looked horrible when he got some playing time for the Spurs I believe he was a minus something when he was on the floor. The last thing I remember was when Damon dropped 50 on the ____when he was playing for the Blazors. By the way does anyone have the you tube video.

10. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Morey doesnt sound enthusiastic on Damon Stoudemire.

Rockets will be at least a couple of millions over LT with Dorsey, Landry and Deke on board not counting Mike Harris and DJ Strawberry.

Is Les going to pay LT? If not, the Rockets may carry 14 players in their roster. If Les is going over LT, it's hard to think Morey doesnt try to find another quality backup 1/2 and another backup 5 other than Deke.

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Look i'm not hating on damon. i think he can still be a ten and 6 player in this league, but having brooks and damon on the same team makes no sense. there both short and shoot first types.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

If Stoudamire signs for the league minimum (for 10+ year veterans, it's a little over $1.2M), only about $797k of that would count towards the luxury tax. While I agree that every penny counts when you're right up against (or over) the luxury tax threshhold, if Morey thinks that Stoudamire is really worth it, then he can figure out ways to get back under the luxury tax by the trade deadline.

Also, not to nitpick much at people in this BBS, but it's Damon Stoud-A-mire. Same goes for his cousin Salim Stoud-A-mire of the Atlanta Hawks. Amare Stoud-E-mire plays for the Phoenix Suns.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its not that i want everyone, i just see past the blind faith some posters have in some of our bench players. Damon is old, but he has pg skills and a good bbiq which never leaves a player. Head is a 1 dimensional guy who cant play really either guard spot. Francis is done also and Brooks is young, but i'd rather give him the rock. Yeah leebigez was asking for Artest well over a yr ago while some thought injuries were the reason the rox failed. I didn't buy it then and i dont buy it now. If you can add vet talent at minimum price, its worth a look. He's not the old damon, but he still could play a role on this team if they get him. I never said the guy would play 35 mins a night.