1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets cocky on the Dwight front?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jason3333, Jun 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jason3333

jason3333 Member

Does this concern yall or just me, the rox have been shuned more than once, scares the hell out of me, thank god im in the hospital right now!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

What has been cocky about it? I haven't seen the Rockets say anything. They're just preparing moves for a potential signing of a free agent.

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

So you read an alex kennedy tweet and decided to make a thread about it? cool

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oh no! Are you ok?

The Rockets are oozing with confidence that they will lure Howard from the Lakers, and are making contingency plans to construct the team around him. "They already have him, if you talk to them," one league source said. CBSSports.com

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#7ft9TMbQWDC3Xhya.99

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

confucius say, man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

1 person likes this.
  6. jason3333

jason3333 Member

very true, what gets reported is not always the truth

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Us fans are cocky, because it really seems like we are the perfect match for Dwight.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't care about being cocky but do care if we gut our team before Dwight even holds the pen to sign.

9. rocketblood713

yea I don't like it it make me wanna prepare for the worst actually

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

We were the better choice from Orlando too so I don't we the fans are too confident. You have keep a healthy rational positive attitude, and, understand that it's not a done deal and not the end of the world if he goes elsewhere....

except Dallas that would seriously depress me.

1 person likes this.
  11. plee

plee Member

I was just wondering, could they wait to do all these moves until Howard signs or at least verbally (wink, wink) that he's coming....

12. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Can we give jason3333 some love here? We've got yer back, bro, let it go, take care of YOURSELF.... it's ok, really.

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

but mister moari! I poop from there!

Not right now you don't boy.

[​IMG]

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I feel bad for Dave for how many threads he's going to have to merge the next 5 days or so.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

So the Rockets go into FA a few years ago to try to get Bosh with very little chance to do it and nobody takes them seriously.

Now they go into FA trying to get Howard with a VERY good chance to get him and people say they are "too cocky".

Definition of no-win with you guys.

16. JMG524

JMG524 Member

People get all caught up in the big names. But Dwight is just one piece of the puzzle. Getting him doesnt mean automatic championship. It only means we have the talent to be serious contenders. More than anything, its team chemistry that will determine success. The Lakers had all the talent in the world last year and a payroll that most teams could only dream of affording. But the lack of team chemistry and unity ultimately tore the team apart which led to underachievement.

A young team like the rockets, more than anything, needs consistency. I believe our starting 5 already has excellent chemistry and seems to genuinely like playing with each other. This needs to stay intact. While Im all for upgrading our talent level, Im still puzzled by management's repeated need to continuously overhaul the starting lineup, while not taking into consideration that players have already formed strong bonds on the team and how these changes can affect the team's chemistry. Trading guys like Lin and Asik just doesnt make sense in my mind and would seem like taking a step backwards.