1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets close to deal for a center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Feb 5, 2020.

1. mightybosstone

For the record, I don't think Myles Turner is very likely at all. I think Morey would have to sell his soul to make that trade happen. I'm just saying it's theoretically possible.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Drummond" is trending on Twitter as of 3:22pm. I think people are thinking we're targeting Drummond based on that tweet about EC centers.

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

BHannes2BHonest, xaos and D-rock like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Nothing a few YouTube videos and basketball reference stats won't fix ahah

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wutchu talkin bout willis?!? drummond always trendin, always!

J Sizzle and omgTHEpotential like this.
  6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You don't become a writer for a respected entity like The Athletic without having some serious contacts in your cell. Come on man, do you really think Kelly just calls Daryl and is like, "What's good fam?" He probably knows upper/middle management guys from all the teams in the league, not to mention player agent contacts, as well as contacts through Nike/Adidas/etc. Being a sports journalist with actual credible sources is no joke.....or at least it shouldn't be.

7. conquistador#11

NO means NO, Daryl!

fckbandwagons and Mr. Turbo like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It shouldn’t be. And I’m not trying to discredit the dude. I just don’t see how that info can be brought up. And also to think that people in the business won’t take ridiculous measures to try to earn cred is being naive. See: Chris Broussard

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Thong Maker endorsers should wear a thong on their head as a sign ....

tmoney1101 likes this.
  10. onreego

onreego Member

He probably just has to ask one of the Fertitas and they'll talk.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's for sure, and for the record, i don't see the Rockets trade for Thompson, although i think he would fit well, that' too much money...Tilman would have to pay the tax and the Rockets would lose depth so, i don't think it's happening, just wanted to point out that on paper it would be possible.

Zoplicone likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#Spicy

Plowman likes this.
  13. mightybosstone

I couldn't tell you. I don't watch a lot of Pacers games. But I do know that next season they'll be paying nearly $38 million to two centers in a league where nobody else has two real centers in a starting lineup anymore and the "twin towers" concept hasn't been a thing in over a decade. If I'm Indiana, I keep the better, younger player (Sabonis) and deal the other guy in a heartbeat if it can make my team better. (And, no, I don't see how the Rockets could make a deal for Turner that would make the Pacers better.)

joshuaao likes this.
  14. omgTHEpotential

I think the potential is there

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Omer Asik

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Chris Broussard is the antithesis of everything I mentioned in the previous post. That dude just straight up lies, and then doubles down and talks about being a good Christian when he gets called out for it. But in terms of how Kelly could get this info, it's not that hard. I'm sure whoever he heard it from is very credible, and didn't want to give away the farm, so he just said, "It's going dine. Watch out for a couple of EC teams though." Kelly runs with it, and there you have it.

17. mockster

mockster Member

It’s really not that hard

Just like in highschool, people can’t keep their mouthes shut. That’s why rumors are spread out and usually are missing key details once it’s gone down the grapevine

Organzations leak info sometimes, word gets out among staff, reporters get leakers in organizations to give info prolly for payment.

I’m not even an insider and I’ve obtained info in the past regarding jimmy butler and other things. Although my situation is a tad different.

Zoplicone, fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  18. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Big reveal...Kendrick Perkins new starting C.

19. jb86

jb86 Member

If we are going to be cheap about it, it will be Thon Maker. But Thon will have a better opportunity to shine here.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would be shocked if we went into the tax

I will be happy if we use a tpe or thabo etc to get a 3/4 mil a year guy .

I will be hugely disappointed if we just sign a vet min guy or pin our hopes on something in the buyout market

Right now I’m viewing this trade as an Incomplete . If we really think Jordan bell is a solution at the 5 for 20 mpg then I’m fine not going after a rim runner .... but we opened up so much space under the tax that we should still get SOMEONE else good . The elder Morris would maybe be my favorite , tho I admit I haven’t watched him play much . The younger Morris is better but makes too much ... maybe if he gets bought out (I don’t think nyk does this)

Elder Morris shoots well enough tho

Imo we still need a 4/5 piece with some sand in his pants . Or thicc as they say nowadays.

The ultimate upside to covington’s D isn’t inside it’s on the perimeter , hopefully he still has a good amount of athleticism left .

Patrick Patterson maybe lol