1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets claim Arlasan Kazemi off waivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2015.

1. alethios

alethios Member

We really need a big man to fill the middle like 3 Sammitches if last season proved anything to us. Kazemi is redundant at this point.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Kazemi can't hit a 3 or move laterally consistently enough to be a SF and can't rebound or hit a 3 to play PF. He can't really defend either position. Once he can hit a 3 he can be a great bench player, but till then we would be stupid to sign him.

We need Joshua Smith. The guy will be be a playoff-level rotation player if he loses 20-30lbs. None of the other guys up for a spot have that simple a path to being a rotation player.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Kazemi is useless I am not sure exactly why he was claimed off of waivers.

Joshua Smith has the talent to be on a NBA bench but he definitely needs to drop at least another 25 pounds because right now his conditioning is the cause of him being out of position on both ends of the floor and numerous silly fouls. He has a soft touch and is relatively light on his feet for a man his size.

Problem is even if he does do all that I dont see how he sees the floor - I would much rather give Capella all the backup minutes possible at the 5 spot and Harrell all the backup minutes after DMo/TJones at the 4

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He is supposedly a hustle guy so maybe it's because he'd be a nice body to have in training camp? I don't know. So far he seems like Omri Casspi but with no hope of ever hitting a 3.

5. tenit86

tenit86 Member

lol really.. If he cant shoot why would you compare him to Omri Casspi

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Omri didn't put up great shooting stats while he was here, but we knew he could do better. With Arsalan, no.

Maybe it was a poor comparison but I've heard worse!

I once heard someone compare Dajuan Wagner to Allen Iverson, "but without the quickness or ability to finish."

#126 Haymitch, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Member

I literally just noticed you spelled his name as Arlasan instead of Arsalan :eek:

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Omri liked to shoot but does not mean he was very good at it. Both needed work on 3 ball, both were thought to be potential stretch 4's. Omri does have pretty good handles. Kazemi has better D and is much more high energy. Think Faried and Brewer type hustle potential.

Kazemi is also a much better rebounder than Omri. May be better than either TJ or Harrell. I like Kazemi's game but too similar to KJ right now. He would be great stash for us in D League in case Brew, KJ or TJ get injured.