1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets claim Arlasan Kazemi off waivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2015.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Member

He has a minimum wage un-guarunteed contract. I'm guessing he will be cut prior to the start of the season and signed on the Vipers if no other NBA team claims him.

By the Rockets claiming him, the Vipers own his D-League rights once the Rockets cut him unless another NBA team claims him.

2. thejav

thejav Member

another training camp body..don't get too attached..

3. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Lol...I'm Persian as well and as good as it is to see him on this team I don't know where he fits really. Not a great shooter but a hustle guy.

Wish him the best but has to prove a bit before I just on this wagon.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Yeah I love him because i know him through mutual friends. He's like Harrell but more raw talent wise. Idk if there's room for 2 of that kind on the team...

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He looks tough as nails and not prone to injury. Hustle usual equals defense. Does he have the speed to be a decent defender?

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

More proof TJ is getting trade haha.

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

pretty much all highlights are dunks.... can he shoot from 10 ft out or got any post up moves?? Can he play any D?

8. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

feels good to be diverse

9. FTW Rockets FTW

Big Splash

This puts us over the top

He is already better than T_ones

10. delishman

delishman Member

Warmly welcome, Mike Harris Jr.

11. NotChandlerParsons

Dang. $5.15 an hour to ball. That's messed up, even for Morey.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Larry Sanders on the Rockets for vet min would create chaos throughout the NBA. Cuban will foul himself and self combust if that happens. Make it so Morey!!

13. OpenLayup-Why3?

Let me just say how much I hate Oregon court.

1 person likes this.
  14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Well ..he is really ..incredible..,this is some of his highlight

[youtube]/ubL99NCFNJI[/youtube]

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

What does he know about the Iranian Nuke Program?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Brought a home-made clock to practice one day...

1 person likes this.
  17. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Sorry to break it to you though knowing Morey's modus operandi he's probably just signed in order to get cut and let the Vipers claim him in the D-League.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's messed up man.

19. Keyan

Keyan Member

I wanted to clear somethings about Arsalan Kazemi, since I've been following him since 2006 when he played for Zob Ahan in Esfahan, Iran.

Arsalan Kazemi isn't here to go to the D league. He's been asked this before from the organization, he simply will not go. He will just get picked up by another team. We aren't the only team interested in him. Cleveland, San Antonio and the Knicks also want him.

76er's - Sam Hinkie didn't want to let go of Arsalan Kazemi without getting anything for him. He asked for a contract, but Hinkie kept saying next year as he constantly was sinking. AK kept going to china. AK asked the 76'ers franchise many times over 2 years to let him go, but Hinkie wanted to get something for his 2nd round pick from the 2013 Draft(from 2013 til now he was contacted by many teams, but they couldn't get him without trading for him, this would make Hinkie's head big and try to ask for more). Every year he would just go back to China since he had a guranteed $1M each season there. Finally he was let go 2 weeks ago on a sunday a day before pre-season. (after 2 years) - this was too late because the teams that were interested, Cleveland and Spurs rosters were filled up. So it left him with the only other team interested who was Atlanta, but even that was too late, because they also had made their decision and Arsalan wasn't there during the summer league like the other players had.

Style - AK is an incredible rebounder, he is a mixture of Chuck Hayes and Papanikolaou. Picture a more defensive papanikolaou with better rebounding, not as good a shooter. He knows where the ball is going to land always. He avg'ed a double double in college playing for Rice and Oregon. He's here to be our 'Chuck Wagon', since that didn't go through. Additionally, he's one of the most versatile defenders in the league, he can guard every position from pg, pf, sg, center - he defends them and does a good job. He averages 2 charges a game, also 2 steals. He was number 2 in China last year for steals. We absolutely need this guy to come off our bench. This last spot is for him and the Rockets can get him at a steal under @ 600k. IMO he's a 5m a year player that we will get for a fraction, especially if he plays just like he did at Oregon. He is known as the "King of Dunk" in asia. He's the best dunker in Asia.

Just wanted to clear things up for people who don't know his story.

3 people like this.
  20. Keyan

Keyan Member