1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets can't make 100 points!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jodete, Nov 14, 2003.

1. jodete

jodete Member

This is the Jeff Van Gundy other side.
    We play defense and .......bla...bla
    But if we are that talented team that you say... we must make more points!!
    Always 80-90 points. This sucks...
    I want to see GOOD basketball. Offensive basketball.
    And we have the talent to play so much better.
    But......with Van Gundy???????????????

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't give a sweet rats a....I don't care how many points we score as long as we score more points than the other team at least 50 times this season.

If you just want to see offensive basketball and don't care who wins, maybe you should go buy some And 1 tapes or something...

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

This team has shown an inability to be a high scoring offensive machine. Our guards are too inefficient due to turnovers and bad desicions, and Yao gets too fatigued to play a very fast paced game. Therefore, JVG slows it down to milk every possession and win with defense. It's how you win titles, which is the ultimate goal. However, just because the scores are low doesnt necessarily mean that we can't play a smart, team-oriented game.

4. torrr

torrr Member

What are you talking about? Through 7 games, we've already had a 100 point game and were 1 and 2 baskets away from 100 in 2 others. Of all our games, we've only really had 2 bad offensive games.

5. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i dont care if they score 1-100000000000000.. all i care is those numbers are higher than the opponent's.. scoring 100 or more is nothin if you lost.:eek:

6. MightyReds2020

People are getting too impatience here. This was JVG's what? 8th 'real' games? The Rockets is still a team in a 'transition'. You can clearly see they were implementing a lot of new offensive sets out there. Give it sometime people...

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Scoring isn't important. What's important is that the offense isn't 'ugly'. You know, you need lots of passing and movement. If you have that, it doesn't matter if you score or not.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Can we have a moratorium on thread titles that contain more than one exclamation points?

Seriously, if you feel the need to end a thread title with a !!!!!!!!

Chances are, somebody else has had the same emotional reaction, and there is probably a 5 page thread on that same issue somewhere on the front page, right under your nose.

I don't need to see any more threads started entitled "Steve and Cat are TERRIBLE!!!!!" and "Yao is WEAK and should be TRADED!!!" and figured this was the easiest way to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Sorry for bumping this thread, I just had to say this somewhere.