1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets can get to another level with one roster tweak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't particularly want to move Tucker but I don't see how you can't , especially if he's not going to be part of the team next season.
    It just doesn't make sense to let him walk and get no compensation in return.

There is the possibility that he's part of a sign and trade .... but in that scenario you are dealing with a team who's going to have to send salary out , otherwise they'd have signed him into cap space , you are likely to have to take back a bad contract in the deal.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe the one tweak is replacing Boogie with someone who can jump higher than my grandmother.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Uh PJ's 18 game on-off this year is a whopping negative -19. If PJ is on the court we are being outscored in a big way. So yes people underestimate how much PJ contributes to the opposing team.

CXbby likes this.
  4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

He damn sure aint giving them an offensive contribution!

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Its like people are living in some fantasy land and too delusional to recognize the facts. It's not a fking opinion people! I didn't just imagine this in my head one day lol. Big fax folks

SuperKev likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

PJ tucker is one the worst players in the entire league this year, by any objective measure.

You want to talk "intangibles"? The goal of the whole advanced analytics movement was to quantify intangibles. Shane Battier aka "no stats Allstar" was the face of analytics and the personification of intangibles. So please don't give me the don't look at PJ's stats because he brings intangibles bull crap. All his intangibles measurable through analytics say he is a giant negative this year.

SuperKev likes this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

SuperKev likes this.
  8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Totally agree.

Blows me away fans think PJ is somehow a net positive when 18 game stats universally every indicator show he is among the worst players in the NBA.

Setting screens etc. NOT WORKING when you are on/off at -19.

CXbby likes this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

We’ll be getting Precious and some picks when we trade Oladipo. He’s is a beast.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really would like a taller more athletic PF.....

DD

D-rock likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Is this generally accepted now or still a controversial take?

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Has anyone seen Stone recently?

13. Fantasma Negro

They should trade PJ for Bobby Portis and Torrey Craig

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

So we are talking lottery to borderline playoff team? Rather not go to that level. Beal would have been ideal if we still had Harden but at this point, the rockets need to collect as many assets possible until Wall is off the books.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

By another level, do u mean going from mediocre and below average to slightly mediocre and slightly below average?

we’ve had the 4th easiest schedule so far, and people have been using that to hype up this team

BossHogg713 and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wonder who Wall and Boogie will blame for their recent poor play?

Reeko likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall has played in just 14 of the 23 games this season, and Boogie is out here averaging 8 points on 35% shooting while defending nothing, but they want to keep acting like salty exes.

John Wall says he’s the franchise guy...smh

Wood should hold a press conference saying he feels disrespected by Wall’s comments

D-rock likes this.
  18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

As others have stated Oladipo and Tucker must be moved by the deadline. We should include Boogie in deals as well but I don’t think anyone would want him. PJ looks like he’s miserable right now. The poor guy does not fit on this team anymore without Harden. This team needs everyone to contribute on the offensive end unless you have a Capela type who just gobbles up boards and contributes with put backs.

HoláDepot needs to be moved because he will net you back much needed assets for the future and he just doesn’t move the needle enough to make us contenders.

The way I see it there are no untouchables on this team. I would try and hold onto Tate as I would hate to lose his fire and obviously Wood. I would move Wood if the right deal came along. If LaMarcusCarmelo Ball were to be offered for Wood I would take that deal in a heartbeat. I don’t see this team competing for anything in the next 3 years and by then Wall, Tate, and Wood will all be free agents. Obviously a Wood trade would require a huge ransom but nevertheless I would do it if the right deal came along.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Eric Gordon looking like the kind of player a team willing to go for it and make a title run should look at even with his contract.

You need scoring Miami, Daryl? Mr. basketball is here. His DMs are open. Slide in.

Windows can close quickly as you both know.

#99 SamFisher, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member