1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets-Blazers Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saleem, Oct 16, 2002.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Is it just me, or does Calvin's suit look like something out of the movie "Tron" ........

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I came back from the game a while ago. Unfortunately I missed the first quarter. This was the first that I have ever seen a pro game.

Tierre Brown played most of the time instead of Tito. Brown made some good drives and kickbacks for open shots mostly made by Oscar Torres who also drove well to the basket.Pete Mickeal made some mid range shots but Torres is a better player and should make the team.
    Eddie Griffin was rebounding well and also got a shot block in the second quarter can't remember on who though.
    Both Mo-T and Rice were running the floor well but they were a bit slow. Rice passed a ball in the post to a cutting Griffin for a layup in the 3rd quarter but generally the passing was poor.

Tierre was quick and crossed over on a few occasions and finished strongly but he didn't pass the ball much in the post which hurt us. Tito did poorly,he didn't penetrate and made very few passes.
    The only thing I liked about him was his ability to handle the press. Nachbar came in the second half and shot a good 3 and just rimmed out another one he passed a ball to Griffin for a layup and missed out on a drive but he looked fairly comfortable on offense,his defense left much to be desired,but he is better than Langhi.
    Cato missed a point blank layup right underneath the basket in the second half and didn't do anything right.
    OT started getting tired in the 3rd quarter and the rebounding went down.
    The Blazers started pulling away in the 4th quarter with good outside shooting from Randolph and dunks from Wallace and Bonzi Wells. Another player who was impressive for the Blazers was Woods.
    He has a smooth mid range shot and didn't have anyone near him when he hit a shot to make the score 85-80. Both Daniels and Stoudamire had no problems in scoring over our guards.
    Griffin made a great 3 and KT got to the free throw line to make it a one point game but Tito got stuck on the last play with 9.4 seconds to go.He couldn't get the ball to an open player and tried to drive and make a layup as time expired.
    I got an autograph from Glen Rice after thegame and was very happy to meet Drex22 there. It was great to meet someone else from the Clutch City BBS.

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Highlights from the game are now available on www.rockets.com
    It is a 100 second clip for those looking for some video of preseason action.

4. Spacer23

Spacer23 Member

:D BWAHAHAHAHHA! That's funny!