1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets better without Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Raven

Raven Member

If Yao keeps bouncing in and out of the line up, do the Rockets trade his expiring contract at the deadline? Nope.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I would hope they would consider it, but I doubt they do it.

My guess is they have a handshake deal with Yao about this year, which is why he didn't opt out.

DD

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Package him + a Knick pick for Mayo and Gasol at the deadline. Getting rid of all the fake fans would be glorious.

4. brooksstephens

Oh so the Yao-less Rockets this year remind you of last year's team, huh?? You mean the one that missed the playoffs?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True enough, no guarantee that Yao will help the team make the playoffs either, especially as limited as he is by the doctors.

DD

6. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Everyone hoped Yao can push this team into the playoffs.
    But reality is this team with an injured Yao are dead last in defense and record rankings.

I can see there are two routes that the team can go.

1) tanking the season: the team play for Yao's recovery. AB's value will drop. Les will profit. Good draft position. Yao will re-sign. Team will be mediocre forever. everyone is happy.

2) for the win: Burn the Yao bridge, sit Yao or trade Yao's $17M for something useful to compete for the playoffs.

I personalty think route 1 is the easiest and perfect choice.