1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets better without Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AvgJoe, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that would be true, if...it was true....

Brooks hit lots of game winners last year, and he rarely shoots the long 3s, mostly he goes midrange late.

And he always gets off a good shot, have you been watching the crappy way we have been finishing quarters without him?

DD

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't see how we can be better without one of our best scoring guards and a 7'6 big man in the middle.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

This is so wrong, i don't know where to start. Even under jvg, it was to funnel to yao. Jvg had the benefit of having the most mobile yao a coach can have prior to injuries. Of course it starts with playing your man, but you have to also remeber that hayes,mcgrady,shane,and yao of 07 are alot better defensively than the players in their place now.In case you haven't noticed, lowry has been giving the gate this season also. Thats not to say he isn't a better defender, I'm just saying he has been getting beat like shane has this year, and scola always gets beat.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You sir, are on fire.

DD

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He can't shoot
    He can't create his own shot
    He can't run a half court offense
    He is too aggresive defensively
    High turnovers
    He makes bad decisions

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He was bad in shooting. He also played good defense, grabbed 7 rebounds, got 3 steals, dished 5 assists and got to the line for 8 free throws.

7. trugoy

trugoy Member

Where did I say he played well last night?

What I have always said is that if Lowry is having a bad shooting game, he can still help the team in multiple ways to win.

Brooks is basically a non-factor if he is not hitting his shot.

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

1. no 3 point shot
    2. no mid-range shot
    3. so what he can draw the foul, it won't work in late games
    4. He is backup PG because AB is clearly the superior starter because he can score man.

Hello, where have you been. AB > Lowry because he can score, so well that AB Iso is great chemistry for the team. I mean who doesn't want to see AB take the inbound ball, dribble up the court, hold on to it for 10 seconds, run a poor pick and roll and shoot that wonderful 3 ball. But he does get the occasional good pass, but those team mates got to earn it first.

Lets not even mention AB/KM back court is one of the worst defensive back courts ever, but you know what....AB can score...who cares about KM who is our most efficient scorer on this team.

AB can also finish games out, hence why the Rockets were 42-40 last year and 0-5 this year. Did you see him finish those games out and realize the Rockets made the playoffs as AB being our #1 scoring option.

Get with it man!!!

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Show me the game winners, according the 82games.com AB is no where to be found in 4th quarter clutch scoring.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What is brooks ass:to ratio this year?

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

They are all over this board, and on Youtube, I have posted them a ton, if you chose to ignore them, I can't help you.

AMEN...and he was at 7apg before going down at halftime in the San Antonio game.

DD

12. Mr. Clutch

I agree on the shooting parts only.

-I think he can run an offense fine.

-"Too aggressive defnsively?" Eh, perhaps, but he's a very good defender, no doubt about that. Defense is not a hole.

-High turnovers- sometimes. But more due to his aggressiveness. Overall I think his playingmaking is a plus.

-He's also a plus rebounder and a plus in the transition game and a plus in drawing fouls.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

no. You are wrong. The funneling style defense was what Rudy did with Hakeem. Van Gundy's style was to challenge and dictate all over the floor and then if somebody got beat he had the erasers in Yao and Deke. Challenge every shot was Van Gundy's motto. Still is. His entire scheme was to keep each of our guys between our opponent and the basket, cut off the drives, force the jumper and get a hand in the face of every shot.

14. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Youtube = hey lets make a video of all the key plays out of 82 games.

I can make a Youtube video and show how good Brian Cook was. Granted their would be only 4 clips.

Either way, I am only saying our reliance on AB is pathetic. We need a trade really bad, because we we are relying on an Undersized SG to lead us to victory, we just plain suck

BTW, AB is clutch in the 4th on scoring, but no indication of game winners.

1 person likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Those 4 points are basically just one, he's not a scorer. And I agree. AB is perhaps our best closer, but the defense with KM is a problem.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

It was pack the paint, and recover to challenge on the jumpshot.....and Shane's role was to funnel his man to Yao.

DD

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bingo. Brooks and KM do the same thing except KM does it so much more efficiently.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Even when it's been proven that the team plays better without Brooks starting, Brooks lovers still argue. All that you guys have to do is look at the teams record when Lowry is out hurt, over the past 2 seasons. That will show you all the proof.

1 person likes this.
  19. trugoy

trugoy Member

Give me Lowry's 5 assists a game + ball movement + his knowing how to run an offense + controlling the tempo, vs Aaron Brooks dribble dribble one pass 7apgs

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He was actually at 6 apg prior to SA, and his assist numbers were 9,7,5,4, & 2 (SA game).

Notice a trend?