1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets better without Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AvgJoe, Nov 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. J-Man

J-Man Member

dude I know right

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Remember during Adelman's first year here, TMac didn't like the new system. Then he got hurt and the team played well without him. After the injury, he fit a lot better. That's when the 22 streak was going.

I wouldn't say the Rockets are better without Brooks, just like I wouldn't say they were better without McGrady. But these guys do need to understand how they could fit better. I hope Brooks would watch how Lowry and Smith play and learn something from them.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No offense Easy, but I think the reason the team is winning more is that they are not trying to squeeze Yao into the game right now.

Yao is the square peg in the team, at 24mpg.

Even Lowry and Ish will struggle once we get back to trying to play a guy half a game.

DD

4. trugoy

trugoy Member

Without Aaron Brooks in the lineup, we've kept every team under 100 points.

The 5 games we have aaron brooks starting, teams have scored 112, 132, 107, 107, 124

5. jlwee

jlwee Member

What's wrong with the posters on this board?
    When the rockets won without player B, Rockets better without player B.
    When the rockets won without player Y, Rockets better without player A.

When the rockets lost:
    (1) Adelman sucks and bring me back JVG
    (2) Chuck Hayes sucks
    (3) Scrubola
    (4) Chase should start over Battier
    (5) Kevin Martin MIA again in the Clutch
    (6) The rockets overpaid Lowry and Miller
    (7) Yao is done!

Patience! Is not even 10 games into the season. Yao is healing. Brooks is learning. The team is adjusting!

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, it probably has nothing to do with us playing really ****ty teams like:

Knicks, Wizards, Pacers, & Timberwolves.

Sometimes some of the stuff on here is laugh out loud funny.

BTW - it has been 4 games.....and all against horrible teams...but nah...that doesn't matter...ROFLMAO !!!

;)

DD

7. SkillzThatKillz

This is why we can't have nice threads... :mad:

8. zoids

zoids Member

Love it how when it's about Yao, everyone jumped in and whine. When it's Brooks, ppl jumped in to say stop.

:rolleyes:

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Kyle is Chuck Hayes playing on the perimeter. Dude has to be shooting less than 30% and continues shooting jumpers like he's Reggie Miller. AB get's dominated by teams who play him physical and post him up in the paint. A real easy game plan, especially when the Big Liability is out of the lineup and unable to protect AB from post up.

So if we think AB is the answer than we are sadly mistaken. Our has everyone forgot his inability to play any D whatsoever

1 person likes this.
  10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Keep on using the same argument. We play Chicago soon.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

come on man, really?

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Cmon bro, just stop it.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Just hush ur mouth!! No more words outta u!!

14. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

Holy ****, why do people start threads like these? I think only contributing members and long time members should only be able to start threads.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont fully buy into that its because of the teams they played ...obviously the level of competition isnt as talented like the Heat, Celtics, Lakers etc but there is no such thing as an easy win in the NBA at all. Especially when 2 out of the 3 victories were on the road when its even harder to win on the road regardless of who your opponent is. Plenty of contending teams drop games on the road and at home to horrible teams. Recently the Magic lost at home to the Raptors

For example you list the Pacers as a "horrible" team yet the Rockets had lost both games against the Pacers last year -- the only major difference in the starting lineup from last years games and this years game? Lowry started in place of Brooks and Shane started instead of Ariza. And considering the respective positions of both Lowry and Shane...Lowry is bound to have more impact on the game as the point guard since he will have the ball in his hands a lot more than Shane would on the offensive side and will be responsible to defend the point guard on the other team, who more often than not is the inititato of the other teams offense.

And while you can easily debate the talent on the Rockets team is far superior than the talent that is on the Wolves, Wizards, Pacers and Knicks..but just because you have talent doesnt mean that you win and make it work. All of those teams had similar or better records when they faced the Rockets during the last 4 games if anything they came into the matchup thinking the Rockets were the horrible team.

As for the topic at end I most certainly do not believe that the Rockets are a better team without Brooks, but I do believe and have believed for a while that the Rockets would be a better team with Brooks coming off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You don't remember troy murphy vs the rockets last year or any perimeter big against scola? Yep, its the same,lol

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He wants Lowry to start, wants to be right.......has been in the Brooks off the bench camp forever....

Of course, it is funny how Lowry is not really getting that many assists as the starting PG, and has a high turnover rate, can't shoot the ball, yet...folks think he could really be a starter for this team.

In all honesty, Ish is the best at running the point...out of all 3.......but he is not a starter either.

AB starts - is he perfect? No, but he is the best we have......don't know why so many just can't see it, even though it is right in front of their face.

Only on Clutchfans could a guy who shoots 1-6, has 6 assists and 5 turnovers...be considered having a great game..

The only thing Lowry has been doing well lately is rebounding, his defense has been bad, his offense worse, and his turnovers extreme.....Ish has run the team better than him by a long shot......5 assists 1 turnover in 12 minutes.....

If anything Lowry is expendable with the emergence of Ish....

DD

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Lock this crap.

19. trugoy

trugoy Member

No one said he had a great game, the point is that despite not shooting well and the turnovers, his all court game allows him to contribute to the team winning the game, whereas when brooks is not shooting well, he is a liability.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much. In case you missed it, his asst:to ratio is bad because of a bad back,lol. I like lowry,ish,and brooks, but I think they severely overpaid for brooks. Backup pg's are easy to find imo. They couldve gotten a guy like dooling for what they wanted. Its going to be a trip after the date lowry can be traded. I doubt he will turn down any team he can be a starter even if there aren't many teams he can start on.